Sign in to follow this  
JCorona

Web Issues

So I am having some issues with spider webs on the fronts of my cameras that ruin the picture at night. Seems like im having to get out there every day to clean them.. Are any of you guys having problems with spider webs also? Is there anything I could either spray on there or do to help keep the spiders off?

It differs from one location to the next, not all get Spiders in fact out of 15 at one of my clients only 3 get them, I have 2 IR bullets here and neither get them, but as mentioned its all about location.

Spray some bug spray around it (or even on the camera), that should deter them until the next rain. The stuff we have here is called Baygon and that can easily last a couple weeks. Spent years spraying Burglar Alarm motion detectors for the same reason, it was a monthly service call, except that was also for ****roaches.

Also maybe try some Windex Vinegar, clean the glass with that and also spray all over the camera housing - sometimes vinegar can run the bugs.

yah only a few cameras get them really bad. hmm, well thank you! i'll have to try some of that in the morning.. Thanks for the info