Sign in to follow this  
vincenttor

Question about DAHUA DVR cards

I have a few questions about the DVR cards from dahua.

the card i have now uses idvr but with viewing 3 camera's the cpu load is to high.

not even talking about recording.

so i have read topics here and noticed that dahua has hardware compression.

This sounds all really nice but i have a few questions.

i see things about the PSS and DSS software , downloaded a copy of pss and i see that it is to make connection

with a external dvr if i am correct.

i supose this is not to connect to a DVR card then right ?

if so what software works with dahua cards and is it any good ?

What i am looking for is a 16 channel card and a distributer that i have found by google advises me to use the VEC8008HB card for 8 channel

or the VEC8016HB for 16 channels.

I also read something about clones, i rather have a good working version then a clone with cracked software and chips on the card that work half power or not.

are there many dahua clones ?

the price for the card is 110 dollar for the 8 channel and 190 dollar for the 16 channel card

i have a Xls file here from the distributor but i do not know if i can postit here because of making advertisement for this store then.

i can upload / share it if someone wants to see it.

This is a bit of a hobby so i do not want it to cost 3000 dollar, it should stay fun.

anyone that can give some opinions or information/experiences with it.

Thanks

Vincent

nvm about what software

i found a topic with all the software explained and did some comparing with netvison geovision and other visions and the dahua site

the cards are 99% the same.

Hi!

Dahua have both software and hardware compression cards, software based will have a higher CPU load.

Also please avoid Celeron CPU and similar, Celeron is a CPU without math processor.

Clone's: There are very few copies of mainland china products because most copies are made in china and it is not legal to make copies, if copy of a western product the chinese look the other way, if chinese products I would say max 3 days from public to it is closed down.

Dahua is based mainland china in other words not so many clones, but there are a few companies that are bundling software with orginal cards that are not their software but "borrowed" from another company. This could give you a problem in the future.

JD