I have had a dvr ive been running about the last 3ish years. It is a w2k system with a KMC-4400r and a KIO-1616, and the security system software is i3dvr. The hard drive is dead. I dont have my key anymore for the software and was looking for other solutions? The system is all original except the hard drive which I am upgrading from a 120 to a 160 gig. It is a rackmount with 20(?) camera inputs.

I am open to any Ideas! I am currently looking at Zoneminder with ubuntu.

Zoneminder works great, but be prepared to put in some work to get it right. I've found this to be typical with many free things in linux. Make sure you have a good capture card, preferably with only 2 cameras per chip (so you can get at least 5FPS). Bluecherry makes good cards.

If I was in your situation, I would just buy a standalone DVR.

This is a legitiment dvr. The capture card is Kodicom 4400r an I/O card KIO-1616. I was previously able to get good frame rates with multiple cameras. I would prefer to stay windows based OS but most of those options are not free. I was using I3dvr version 4.xxx but I no longer have the setup key for the software.

I have given up hope on finding my key or a replacement, but at least I know I have decent hardware to do something with.

No I haven't. It was given to me through family so I don't have any purchase order numbers or installer setup number or anything. I dont have a w2k install anymore. But unless there's a hidden code somewhere I doubt they'd wanna help.

never know if you don't ask! I know some PC-based SCRap base their registration on the MAC address of the system NIC, which wouldn't have changed.

Wow. Thanks for the fast replies. I've looked on their website, are they phone support only or do they also use email?

I do have an xp pro install so that would be awesome if they help! Is there any xp software that's worth looking into if they don't?

I've never dealt with the, personally, so I couldn't tell you... just going from general experience, that most companies tend to be fairly helpful.

Say Security also used to deal with Kodicom DVRs so might want to send them an email if you cant get in touch with the original manufacturer. Also search the forum for Kodicom and see what it comes up with.

never know if you don't ask! I know some PC-based SCRap base their registration on the MAC address of the system NIC, which wouldn't have changed.

Ya talked me into it. I called em and they said " as the system is 11 years old, and we didn't make the system back then, we don't have anything that will help you.". They were surprisingly nice and helpful for someone who wasn't paying the $125 technical support fee.

I've fixed it!! After calling around I got it working and learned some on the way too! I've got a clean install of xp pro running diginet 4.1x. I have the OS on a 40gig drive and I'm using the 160gig as the data disk. While working inside of it I also come across a Kio-1616 card. From what I've found it's an I/O card. Does it use separate software and/or drivers? I don't see it in device manager.