infowire

CCTV Testing Tool

Don't tkae this as a criticism, but if it didn't look quite so precarious perched on your ladder's top step, I might just be tempted to buy one just for viewing when focusing and pointing the cameras. Mine has only a 3.5 inch screen and frankly it's just barely useable for that function. If I could figure out a good way of securely fixing the screen to the ladder stile, I would probably but a 7.5 inch screen like that as it is going to give a far better focus indication, especially with my eyes.

Yep I like it thanks for the picture.

Glad you are happy with your purchase.

Maybe a flexi-mount welded to a 'G' clamp? Let us know if you come up with something won't you.

Sorry buddy

Have you thought about getting a ladder stand-off for your ladders? Once you work at greater heights you won't want to lean the ladder on gutters or roof tiles or on wall corners. They are a cheap investment and work well if you get the right one. with this one I'd remove the wheels until I needed them to climb onto a roof. waht you need is maximum contact surface ad the wheels would make me nervous.

I remember this was your church install.

thumbnail.aspx?q=1534984600815&id=2d77722397c4cdc3ce9b4434a0bf8561

I haven't but I definitely will look into investing in one. Im sure they provide a little more stability than just leaning it on the roof. Definitely don't want to cause any damage to the customer's property or be on an unsecure ladder at 20 to 30ft up. Man... What would I do without this forum!!! " title="Applause" />

I have a ~7" Tote Vision screen that I use, and it came with a nice carrying case with a strap. If you can hook a strap to it in some way, you could use the strap to prevent it from falling more than a foot. I usually keep the strap around my neck, so the monitor can be on me, but out of the way. Saves a trip up and down.

But some kind of flex mount/clamp combo like Numb-nuts said would be awesome, too.

I wouldnt worry to much about dropping your portable TV, I have never dropped mine and I put it down on ladders sky jacks, everywhere and it still works

Mine has a standard tripod thread; at some point, I'll probably just pick up a GorillaPod to go with it:

5203597949_60e9a03b2e-2.jpg

gorillapod-2.jpg

I wouldnt worry to much about dropping your portable TV, I have never dropped mine and I put it down on ladders sky jacks, everywhere and it still works

I dropped mine several times in one night alone .. still worked though a little broken up. It was some water running off a roof that eventually fried the sucker in the middle of the day.

I dropped my netbook which I also used to adjust cameras (not focus, I use a real monitor for that), dropped that like 6 times in a row one night .. darnit .. anyway it wasnt until months later when I had rest it down on the ground, It started to pour and I jumped off the ladder and ... well right ontop of the netbook .. screen was cracked. Otherwise still worked, gave it away and got a new one.

Never dropped the CCTV monitor though, the grip helps with that one and its a little sturdier, plus fits nicely at the top of the ladder.

Mine has a standard tripod thread; at some point, I'll probably just pick up a GorillaPod to go with it:

5203597949_60e9a03b2e-1.jpg

Nice car.. Is it yours??