Sign in to follow this  
SecurityNub

Which HDD Sata 7200RPM?

I recently purchased a 1U Series DVR, the recommended HDD is a Sata 7200, but it doesn't specify 3.5in 2.5in etc........ Is this common for DVR to not mention? The slot is so open it seems to indicate I can put anything there. Does that look like it is the case?

Here are some pictures. Anyone have a favorite HDD they like to use, one that is known for lasting?

167928_3.png

Chart1-1.png

Chart21-1.png

One thing I would NOT use is any sort of "Green" drive. Use a proper, 7200RPM SATA drive. If you want to go the most hard-core route, get enterprise-level drives.

Otherwise simply getting a middle-of-the-road drive (like WD's blue or Black) will serve you well.

Thats the Dahua

3.5" Sata.

Screws are provided.

@Adam, remarkably the WD green drives work good in these. Normally I would stay clear of them otherwise and get the blues or blacks if you can.

here is the supported HDD list for the Dahua LE-A.

upgrade DVR firmware to latest version to ensure the accuracy of the table

below.

743955488_DahuaLE-AHDDSupportedList.thumb.png.40c3f2094f0e7a316b386037c8f9d3e7.png

it is going to vary from one to the next.

difference in cameras being color or BW, noise, rain etc will decide what the image sizes will be. Also if you set the bitrate lower it will effect the image quality and size, if its set to CIF instead of D1, etc.

But for example you can say approx 2 weeks continuous record with 4 cameras @ 7fps D1 default bitrate and 500GB. Motion record only will get longer recording times.

Eg. Im getting 16 days right now on a 4 channel .. I have 1 camera that is color 24/7, 1 camera that is BW 24/7, and 2 cameras that are BW at night and color in the day. Encoding for all is D1, 7fps, 1024 bitrate. Ive had a couple cameras off and on for a couple days though as well, and a couple of them are low quality - so basically expect 14 days on average with 4 cams D1 7fps and 500GB with the dahua. Higher quality cameras will get less time also.

BTW frame rate matters alot, if that was real time D1 record it would eat up that 500GB in a few days easy.