brasskey

Need help with a home system after two break-ins

Sorry for the late responses everyone. Don't want to make you all think I wasn't still interested. I should have posted something saying I would be out of pocket for a while. I really do appreciate the help.

bike_rider - I can't fine the Vivotek 8832. Is it a current model? I might be missing something but I can't find it on their site or a google search. Also, what about the Axis Q1755-E? It's HD quality.

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_q1755e/

Sorry - Vivotek 8332. Not in the same league as Axis (or Sony).

you have expensive tastes If you don't need the zoom of the Q1755 (or the audio) (and really do you?), you'd get better value from other cameras. We are into cameras I've have not used, but have researched a lot about. For all around use, the top tier cameras (at these resolutions) include Axis P1344 and Sony Ch140. Somebody else will have to offer other suggestions. I plan to buy the Sony as my next camera. if low light performance is not a prime concern, the Sony CH 210 would be on my list. Not a day/night camera, but it could have its place. I saw a review of the IQ042SI (again, not a day/night) that was very interesting; I'd try to find more samples of that if I was not looking for a true day/night camera. Hmm, the IQ752 just popped up in another thread. More choices.

If you buy a box camera (replaceable lens), don't go cheap on the lens.