Wildcat1

Your Help With Recommendation

All

I'm having some issues in a residential area and need some reco's from you. Specifically here is what I am looking for:

Dome,PTZ or Bullet (smaller the better)

IP Camera

POE Power

Great nightvision

Audio (1 way is fine)

Ideally would like to put a few around the property.

Thoughts ?

Thanks as always

WC

All, I still need help and am a bit lost to be honest.

I already have a POE setup for other devices so was considering that for the cams as I thought it would be the easiest way to go. My key concern is nightvision as well due to needing to capture well then.

So I really need help in determining is IP/POE the way to go (quality for image at day and night now rivals analog ?) and which cameras you recommend. I am thinking 4-5 in total to cover the outside perimeter

Thanks for any help and advice you can give

Hi. if you are going to use a PTZ then i would go hybrid (ip ptz are high priced)

the aver nano 8 lets you use standard and IP together. do you have a budget.

Tom, initially trying to stay the south side of $1500. understand I may have to add more cams at a later time and start of in the 2-3 range but want to do this right.

I have POE and standard CAT 5 running through the residence so thats why I was thinking IP based. I am certainly open to analog or hybrid (I assume you mean through a balun, which I have no clue about by the way) but want good quality especially at night where possible. Seeing some of the posts from the CNB's and the Sony EFFIO's looked pretty good. I also saw a lot of post about the Dahua Hybrid DVRs but could not find where to buy here in the U.S.

In terms of FPS from the DVR I really do want to try and get D1 where possible and setup a system where the cams don't drop FPS or have motion blue or vertical smear due to lack of light as some of the things I am capturing are vehicles driving up the street or past the property.

Thanks for any help. Due to the situation at this current time I am getting desperate to find a solution, the right solution

thanks

I also saw a lot of post about the Dahua Hybrid DVRs but could not find where to buy here in the U.S.

the Dahua hybrid is limited. and is way above your budget. it is a DVR with encoders for ip. were as other are DVR/NVR so no limits on cameras

your budget will be either the dahua HD PRO D1 (full D1 on every channel ) or if you want to use ip and standard then the aver nano 8 (which will connect to your existing POE network)

you can still use CNB or sony EFFIOs or qvis have just releast a full range of EFFIO cameras.

and add ip later or mix and match.

Thanks Tom, can you give me any idea on pricing for the HD Pro D1 and the Aver ? Also recommendations for Cams (models etc) would be great.

I am open to going IP, Analog or a mix to get the best quality over time and as budget increases but am trying to keep it relatively simple to put together and future proof. As I may have stated, I am an IT guy so CAT 5 and POE comes naturally and have it through the residence but baluns are new to me so would need some pointers on best way to cable.

Thanks so much

I also saw a lot of post about the Dahua Hybrid DVRs but could not find where to buy here in the U.S.

the Dahua hybrid is limited. and is way above your budget. it is a DVR with encoders for ip. were as other are DVR/NVR so no limits on cameras

your budget will be either the dahua HD PRO D1 (full D1 on every channel ) or if you want to use ip and standard then the aver nano 8 (which will connect to your existing POE network)

you can still use CNB or sony EFFIOs or qvis have just releast a full range of EFFIO cameras.

and add ip later or mix and match.