jimmy25

Can not view CCTV on line on my PC. Getting error message.

I have just finished installing my CCTV system and configured everything with the DVR box and router with my laptop.

I can view this on my laptop using the local and static IP address. But when i try from my PC it will not allow me to login with my local and static IP address. I have also tried this at my work and it does the same thing. I keep getting the following error message: "Login Failed. Please check your network environment".

The operating system i am using is Windows 7 Home Premium and IE (Also tried from Firefox).

Would appreciate any help Thank you.

jimmy25

First, what model DVR?.

2nd, are you saying that you can view it connected to only it and a router, or not? If you're within your house (router) always try your local IP. (Not the one for the internet).

Did you set up port forwarding on your router? Also, and as I type I think this is it, it may very well have to do with security settings on your other computers. Many dvr's require adding a trusted site and lowering the trusted sites security threshold in order to load the activex control to view them.

Lets start with some basics. Brand of DVR, Local IP. Router IP, and IP of the PC and laptops.

Router info might be needed, but lets start there. And, of course, you're using internet explorer each time right?

John