Integration101

Networking AverMedia EH5108+

I've installed an AverMedia EH5108+. The network settings I inputted in the DVR (IP address, Gateway, Mask, Available ports, slot to plug the DVR into, etc.) were given to me by the IT department. I followed their instructions and activated the "network" button on the main display. I can't access the DVR even over the LAN. The IT department has verfied the ports I've selected are open, they can see a device (DVR) is connected, but, is not active.

I've networked many DVRs, but, this one has be perplexed.

What am I missing?

I've installed an AverMedia EH5108+. The network settings I inputted in the DVR (IP address, Gateway, Mask, Available ports, slot to plug the DVR into, etc.) were given to me by the IT department. I followed their instructions and activated the "network" button on the main display. I can't access the DVR even over the LAN. The IT department has verfied the ports I've selected are open, they can see a device (DVR) is connected, but, is not active.

I've networked many DVRs, but, this one has be perplexed.

What am I missing?

hi. you are best using port 5550. and you would use your local as http:// your ip:5550

Thanks for the quick reply!

Should I use 5550 for "Remote Console Port" and 80 for "WebViewer Port"?

hi. yes the port will get you to webviewer (active x) then you will see an icon to give you the option on the right to download remote console. (this will install a direct icon onto your desktop)

port 5550 is used for everything PC / iphone /android /

This is the first time i am reading your thread and admire that you posted article which gives users lot of information regarding particular topic thnaks for this share. This is nice post which I was awaiting for such an article and I have gained some useful information from this site. Thanks for sharing this information.