Sign in to follow this  
SDM Group

Pre wire jewellery store

Got into a discussion over hours billed for prewiring a jewellery store with 22 cameras coax/18/2.

The store has accessible ceiling and is approx 200' by 200'. How many hours do you guys think

Hi SDM. is this a job you have done or are you being asked to just install the cables.

a contractor was caught out a while ago that i know. he was asked to install a 16 camera system in a corner store but was asked to put all cables and power in 1 weekend and the cameras the weekend after. after they installed the cables the guy cancelled the order. when he went in a few days later with a bill for work done the guy had bought a cheap system from ebay. he only used him to fit the cables to make it easier for him to install his own. and wanted a discount

if they are asking for you to just install the cables charge full hour rate and full price for cable BNCs and Power.

A job I just completed on an hourly basis (silly me) and having the main contractor question my hours. Just wanted a rough estimate of what you guys think, I don't think I am far off