I have a client that wants to view everything through his Macintosh browser. Is this possible? He is very adimant about this. From what I understand it might not be possible.

well, I have a client that has a ibook g4, and he can connect to a i-view dvr with no problem

Will verify and let you know tomorrow... By the way, the preliminary anwers were sent short while ago....

Levon

make sure the router is MAC compatable and it should work fine. Have clients using MAC mixed with MicroSoft and Java WEB Servers,,,,,works fine...router is MAC compatable.

I would think the key would be whether the remote viewer is truly browser based or is a Windows program.

I am an avid Mac user and am not aware of any website/webpage that I cannot view on my Mac. The only possible exception I can think of is if a web page is dependent on some Active X control. To the best of my knowledge there is not a way to run Active X controls in a Mac OS (other than Virtual PC, of course).

pluc codecs, like the Ligos Indeo codec owned by Microsoft and used for some MPEG4, not sure on ActiveX but Mozzilla has it so cant see why mac wouldn't, I think Jpeg would be fine as codecs already supported in mac for most