Flicks

DC auto iris lens with a regular arecont camera?

I have been reading this forum to help with my diy project for my home. I have now across an issue that i cannot find an answer with the search function. I have an arecont 5100dn camera (without AI) and a fujinon MP dc auto iris lens. How do i use this lens with the camera? Is there a way to open the iris (like by applying dc voltage to pins x and y) and keep it open to use it with the non AI arecont?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have been reading this forum to help with my diy project for my home. I have now across an issue that i cannot find an answer with the search function. I have an arecont 5100dn camera (without AI) and a fujinon MP dc auto iris lens. How do i use this lens with the camera? Is there a way to open the iris (like by applying dc voltage to pins x and y) and keep it open to use it with the non AI arecont?

Thanks.

I did this, took a pot to see what it took to keep it open and used that value with a little margin. I think it ended up being around 400 Ohms for the one I tried, but could be wrong on that. Connectors can be obtained from mouser, there are links if you search around the forum a bit.

Also would love to see some night images of this camera.

IMO you have to have a significant amount of light.

I set one up on a tripod in front of my truck with the truck sitting on the street so I could get the camera as close to the traffic without getting it run over.

Standing in my driveway looking at the street there is a street light one house to my left and 2 houses to my right.

The motion blur was so bad all you could see was streaming tail lights.

Thanks.

I did this, took a pot to see what it took to keep it open and used that value with a little margin. I think it ended up being around 400 Ohms for the one I tried, but could be wrong on that. Connectors can be obtained from mouser, there are links if you search around the forum a bit.

Thanks Mike. I was able to make this work by using your tip. Used a 1k ohm (0.75 Watts), 15 turn Cermet Potentiometer (Part #271-0342 from Radio Shack) across the drive coil of the lens and kept adjusting the resistance till the lens opened up. Excellent advice " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I hope the lens can be used now in this configuration. Does this cause any damage long term Please let me know if there is a better way to use an auto iris lens on a manual iris camera.

Thanks.