kasie

Resolution

In Jan 2005 I began analog cctv home surveilance in attempt to prove the identity of a relentless two year and still escalating stalking problem. I had no prior knowlege of cctv. I have made some costly mistakes. Knowing what I know now I would have saved money and time and had expanded my options and quality by going digital. Surveilance is night only low light to no light. I have discarded cameras with IR leds or the cameras burned out quickly. Color has not been sucessful in my lighting. I have 8 mini bullet with the Sony EX-view chip B/W at .00003 lux. I have recently changed the wide angle lens for 4, 6, 8 and 12 mm. with better definition. I also use a color 22mm with a Sharp chip and negative backlight and .05 Lux in attempt to catch distant license plates. The stalker has incredible camera perception, going under, over, and around the FOV and cutting cables. Another trick is shining a high beam flashlight on the lens to escape imaging. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Also when using analog is 350 TVL resolution the maximum possible sinse VCRs and Tvs are no more than 350 TVL?

Kasie

When using analog you are stuck with the same quality of the VCR, which is normally i think 280-350 and maybe 400TVL with a SVHS.

You can buy a DVR single channel VCR replacement for only a couple $$ more than the average time lapse VCR, check out the GE VDR. Course depending on how many cameras you have, buying a 4 channel DVR even is not that much more expensive, just depends on the brand you buy.

A first suggestion would be some Burglar Alarm Yard beams such as the Optex beams - http://www.optexamerica.com/indexes/phelec_index.cfm

Rory

You should of did some research before you bought. I have a question what type of neighborhood do you live in? is there anyone else around your house that you can mount a camera to? do you have 4 or more cameras?

#1 - call the police and report this.

#2 - hire a pro (video) to catch this guy. Your life is worth the money spent.

#3 - hire a PI to watch the house/camera's.............again, your life is worth it!

Don't "play" with this. You are in danger and will require professional help at all levels.

how close are they getting to the house get some pin hole cameras and stick in obvious places which when hidden so you can detect the stalker but they wont know they are there. drawback is they arent Auto iris for daytime and they are restricted with what you can get. kobi did have a .001 lux BW pinhole ages ago, but havent bought off them for 6 yrs... but if you do your homework then youll get what you need like RORY said get some beams and use them on a dvr to trip the recorder on event mode to start recording b4 the stalker can get top the cables, set up a silent alarm with beams and send cops or patrol to investigate?

if its a regular occurence then hire a PI or call the cops? that way they will get the stalker quickly and charge them