starblaster

PCI Card or dedicated DVR ?

Hello good people.

I hope you are friendly enough to help me out.

After getting the initial idea and falling flat on my face ( yes.. I bought an Ebay card...Oz site ) I need a little advice.

Here is my wish list:

1. To watch and control 4 cameras from home ( and also instore while I am there )

2. To record at say 2 fps but also view at 25 fps at the same time

( at highest resolution possible )

3. To have an alert sent to a mobile phone ( vision not necessary , just a call to action to view via home computer ).

4. Instore I would need two monitors.

5. I would need a motion detection system that is in-camera ( video motion detection not a peripheral sensor ).

A PC set up seems like a minefield as I would need an exact hardware configuration to avoid conflicts.

A dedicated DVR seems the way to go.

I do not have a static IP address.

Can anyone suggest one at under $1500 Australian ?

( without cameras naturally )

Unless you only want a PCI card, you wont find much for that price..

Geoviison and Kalatel will do all those functions you ask for.. I would suggest you shop around and let me know what you see, I have tested all the cards here so i can tell you the pitfalls with each..

Exact hardware is not so much of an issue anymore, besides if you buy a full machine then the distributor should sort that for you anyhow!

Problem is that the seller didn't see fit to mention any possible problems or even ask what my PC configuration was.

Perhaps the small FAQ section at www.geovision.com.tw would tend to indicate that there just aren't many problems with these cards.

Small amounts at Ebay I can write off to experience but $AUD940.00

is NOT an amount I wish to speculate with.

May I ask ... is this card stable and friendly ?

Edited by Guest

Actually it does.. embedded softwrae is expensive.

I have a unit that does 100fps for $690 Aus without HDD, standalone dvr's are no where near as good with the remote features.

on top of that I would not trust a company that does not know its products, how can it be 30FPS NTSC and 35 in Pal that makes no sense at all.

Sounds like they are a computer company.

What model was the Geo card that you were quoted that price on?

Geovision is very stable and a good card

This price includes GST. It's the 4 camera version.

As remote viewing AND high res. capture are my prime requisites and the money bag not overly full it looks like PC based for me just now.

I have come across much higher prices in Australia but would love to find any a little lower.