KevinM822

win 7. geovision takes literally takes hours to load WHY

I have the newest version installed with a gv-600(s) 4 port bnc pci card and this is my first time using the software.

I've been trying all day with older versions and drivers, and finally ended up giving up with the newest version installed and newest drivers (verified in control panel).

All of a sudden, HOURS after I clicked on the program file to open the app, the window pops up asking me to login.

My system was not hogged up, cpu was near idle and mem usage was below 25%.

Also there was not an hourglass to show that the app was loading. All I got when I tried to open the app was a small window popped up and before I could read what it was, disappeared.

What the hell gives?

I cleared the logs and then tried to opened the application again but haven't seen any new events in the logs.

Guess I'll wait a few hours and see if it spits out a timeout error or something when the application finally loads

-edit-

Ok so it took over 40 minutes for the program to finally load and the only errors I have in the event log for applications are:

A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (Multicam Surveillance System)

This came up as soon as the program finally loaded asking me to login (40 minutes after clicking to open).