DataAve

Bosch FlexidomeXT

We are actually the exclusive distributors of Extremes full range here in Australia, but had no Idea there was a 5yr warranty, will check this out as I doubt it... it is possible that every country has different OEM extreme gear.

MCS dont stress bout Rory, it's his job to always disagree with me, and mine to always be the salesman...welcome to the forum!

I actually like the look of the domes, they do look better in real life, but I have been told my taste is in my but so go figure!

If vandal proof and 120pounds of pressure resistant aint enough, then, hell I'd be moving residence

"5 year unbreakable guarantee"

Its on the specs for the cameras also, some of them, such as the WizKids.

Can i drive over the flexidome with my jeep 10 times, and use a sledgehammer and mallot on it, without damage (short of replacing the dome cover which i have a box of), and can i spike it with a brownout day after day and still works, can it survive a couple hurricanes in a row, then lastly, add some daily beach salt air while we are at it, not to mention mon-sun 24/7 tech support?

cmos, 380 tvl and everfocus is crap....

i agree CMOS is crap, generally sold as an OEM camera, and 380TVL is sold by all manufacturers, though personally i use high res only 480TVL and above, except for certain hidden cameras. Cosmetics is everything though when dealing with clients who are paying for it.

Lets put it this way, been there done that, now i sell Extreme cameras.

Exview, decent chip, though useless if not in the right camera.

Actually, when i think about more where you are, i see your point, however i had a laugh to myself, thinking about a jeep climbing a wall and an awning to run..upside down over a dome, perhaps you should stop mounting them on the road and start attaching them to buildings etc... i think we realise your market is very different to most i mean those prices you keep stating about Bosch..many people in here have told you time and again that the prices arenet anything like that..but yes...we know... you have to pay duties ect.. but that info can be misleading..

Hey horses for courses, i am sure Extreme would not attach their name to something that wasn't good and 5yrs is tops, and if it is as rugged as all that then go for it.. mind you I must say Bosch or Pano or Samsung sound a lot better than Extreme and Wizkid, and makes it easier to justify pricing.

i Dont put names on my quotes, or in my catalog, but if we got that route, sony has the best name in cameras. As for prices im going by US dealer pricing so nothing is misleading.

I always think that using product brands in quotes is the best, that way if you quote a ganz hi res colour day night say and the next guy quotes oem but you realy need a camera that will do a specific job, then you kan kill his quote just by stating facts. I won a massive job with a 4 page quote compared to his 2 pages it was worth 24k aus. Dont use sub std equipment and treat every job like its for yourself so you have to install to the highest stds and you win by far.

that way you can assure your clinet they get what they pay for, and thats wahts in the quote. i win many quotes by extended wty ( which costs me bugger all cause I use good ghear good cable and dont go back to jobs.) and also stating facts, product info specs etc and then stating who I have done jobs for before wins me the job unless its based on price..

regards

Pete

Yep, normally my quotes are 10 pages plus full floor plans, etc. All specs etc on the parts are included also. Just got a local airport here, and another 32 channel job somewhere else .. Actually use to put brands on it, but the clients dont know what none of them are anyway.

YEah, well people know what Sony and Panasonic is, but Bosch and GE, most only know the GE name from light bulbs.. and never heard of bosch.

Everyone knows what Daewoo is too

I agree, however dealers use "what brand are his goods.. really... no branding...ask him what brand?" and "would you rather buy a Bosch cam or a wiz kid cam?"

It's like everything, Nike's shirts may not be better than Kmart but they demand a higher pricing, I do feel the name brands are indeed better and they do sell better and althoughg not as much in your area, i can vouch that saying 3yr warranty and a brand name really helps.

i remember when cctv_aust was before he got recruited by bosch, he was all against branding . ..

Yes, alot of dealers know the brands, course not all of them though .. typically whatever the distributor is promoting ..

The cover is a monocle, if you focus a dome especially a Vandal, you usually do it with the cover off, therefore replacing the cover after focus is akin to a CS mount camera focussed before being put in a housing.

Your changing the wavelength of light, so you put the monocle on the lens while cover is off and then focus and then replace cover, should stay in perfect focus.

You may also want to invest in the XT cable, it plugs into the dome so that you can use a service monitor to do the focus and then leave the cables attached through your ceiling.

As for what Rory has said, I agree there are some non name brands that are almost as good as big names, but when Bosch lowered prices in theri cam range, it was either sink or swim...me ...I decided to jump ship instead, there is no comparison to the XF camera range and at the prices that we currently offer it is an easy market.

I think everyone romotes what they sell...yes I am the worst culprit..but it's not just about selling it is more to do with what excites you..I love my job i love good product and quite often my enthusiam can be taken as a sales pitch.

Our friend in Australia, it is a good business to be very modest specially now when you work for Bosch directly.

Instead of "sales pitching", I think you should just answer questions in a manner that does not interpret you selling Bosch. Do not get it wrong, but sometimes when I read your posts, it seems you trying too hard to defend Bosch and you should not....

Bosch product line has its advantages and disadvantages and it is this Forum that identifies such issues... I can lay down quite of few issues that I am sure will make you very mad regarding some the Bosch flops, but I do not. Even though you are representing Bosch, it will be a good business for you to jump in any topic on Bosch after everyone already made their statesment, instead of making your biased point of view.

Think of this for the moment. If every manufacturer's rep becomes part of this forum, everyone of you will start defending their respective product lines regardless on what our opinions are because you have to... Heck, you job depends on it... Instead, I suggest for you to make some recommendations or some correction on the topic, rather than trying to turn it to a "sales pitch".

I can tell you this - some of our members are from the majors - from Sanyo, from American Dynamics, from Panasonic and recently, from GE Security and I do not see anyone of them making any sales pitch effort. I talk to them sometimes and they like this forum, but it will be very difficult to identify who they are (for obvious reasons). Rather, they watch and jump in only when they want without any "promotion" of the brand or any form of "sales pitch"...

As a manufacturer rep, modesty is very important!

Levon

All i knows is Bosch is not "it" in the camera world, but it is "it" if thats the only decent non OEM camera someone has ever used

NightSense is NoSense. These cams have a nice day image, but at night, forget it. First, I tried with just street lighting, grainy (NightSense on then off). I ran electric then installed "white" lighting, NightSense on and NightSense off. Same effect. Cameras are very bad. Anyone want a deal on 12 of these dogs?

Data, in one of the posts, I made it clear that NightSense cameras are not true day/night cameras. Specs are well written by Bosch, but what you confirmed is what I have stated... It is a good camera but should not be confused with true day/nights and should not be used as a day/night application...

Just wandering which ones did you use? LTC 0485 series or LTC 0610 series? Even thought the LTC 0610 series is a better camera, but the price?????

Levon

data took a look and the image is good with the lights on at night, in color mode. Did you do the focus thing in low light like I mentioned to really be able to tell if the night image is good or not? I thought it might just need focusing in dim lighting like evening, cloud, or with a filter.

anywayz, whats your price on them .. let me know

CCTV_Australia, don't forget to write. You offer too much to the forum, stay.

Rory, yes, but hadn't tried a filter.

MetzLyov, the models are:

1 1462/20

3 1461/20

7 1462/21

Throw a number at me and I will box and send.

I have a few Sony CD73V. I will hook up this weekend and you will see the difference in quality.

CCTV_Australia, all due respect to your knowledge and expertise in the CCTV industry, my point for you was not to have you leave, rather take a constructive critisizm when its due... I will state it again that modesty is a very important key element that now you are part of Bosch!

It does not matter how long you have been doing this nor how much you know about this industry or the products within, the main point is to share the information and make it available to others. If you feel that I have attacked you professional reputation, I appologize for that and that was not my intention. Rather, as a manufacturer rep, we want to look up to you for the guidence and the information that Bosch specs sheets do not provide and that is where the major value exists.

Your posts are great and very valuable, all I have stressed was to keep "sales pitch" for Bosch equipment out of mix and that is all. I do not see other manufacturer reps leaving this forum when people make negative comments about them or their products and you should not either. However, you are a man of integrity and I can see that you do not take critisizm very well, which in my opinion is not a good professional trait...

I do not want to see this forum being commercialized by manufacturers or their reps, otherwise it will loose its intentions of existence. We do not want members to be hesitent to make their opinions count, as in my case.. If this forum gets commercialized, I will be the first to leave and will never look back! I have had discussions with some of the members of this forum who are the manufacturers reps and some of them tried to slow me down (I guess they figured out who I am) and guess what, I told them to stay out of my business.

With all the changes occuring everyday in this industry, you can always learn regardless on your professional expertise and if you stop learning, might as well pack your bags and leave the industry... I have been in this industry for over 26 years and I am still learning everyday and I am a man of integrity and able to take any critisizm that will teach or shape my knowledge. I will however retaliate on an unjust critisizm, but will not leave this forum because of it!

Levon

'Sounds' like a condescending tone, in my humble opinion. But then again, it would probably come across as "constructive criticism" when face to face.