Sign in to follow this  
puremobi

HP 1910 for Egde Switches - Project with 900 cameras

In a quick look, the biggest difference seems to be that the 2910 supports high power PoE (802.3at, 30 watt) versus the 1910's standard 802.3af, 15.4 watt output (and, a few advanced routing capabilities on the 2910, and optional 10Gb ports). So, it mostly seems to depend on if you think you will need that capability now, or in the foreseeable future.

Obviously, a project of that size will require a fair amount of engineering, you will probably want to try and get as much help from your NVR software/hardware suppliers as you can.

Hi Hardwired,

Thank you and appreciate your response,

Like you had mentioned I would not be requiring high POE, also in one of the recent projects we had executed for 700 cameras with 2610 switch,at the control room monitors, the view was pixelated, Hence we switched from 2610 to 2910.

Also i noticed that 2610 has only 12.6 Gbps switching backplane compared to 1910 which has 56 Gbps,

For a presales point of view, 2910 is expensive compared to 1910 ;

Could you please give me some hint on the considerations that have to be taken care for the networking, I see that the networking team blindly propose 2610 as standard for all CCTV applications,

I have attached the storage and bandwidth estimation using JVSG software, it is around 910 Mbps,

at what point is 10Gbps required?

Thanks,

Samuel

1224990669_Storagefordeerfields.thumb.jpeg.523072afb7541b4ba9d20d922e7ee065.jpeg

What kind of installation would require 25 frames per second?

Also, your total bandwidth doesn't account for upstream to the clients.

What about your Core switches?

Still a lot of questions here: are you using a VMS program that has multicasting for live viewing, or is all of your viewing traffic running through the servers? I would be inclined to think that the pixellation you described in your other system was more likely due to the server disk system hitting it's throughput limits, which are most likely much lower than the switch limits.

Unless you are daisy-chaining the fiber ports from multiple switches through each other, the throughput of each edge switch in your plan has cameras running at 1Mbps, so even a 48 port switch would only be 48Mbps, plus viewing traffic, if on the same switches (a system that size should have at least VLANS separating viewing and camera traffic, if not separate switches for each)-overall, not a big load on each switch.

Where the load starts coming in is at the core switches where multiple edge switches connect to multiple servers, there you may want higher performance (although you will not likely need PoE capability there).