Sign in to follow this  
gearb0x

NVR software for small business

G'day, I'm currently upgrading the security system of our farm, currently there is a 4xbt878a capture card with analog cameras & i want to migrate to all IP cameras. I am not worried about hybrid systems as I am not happy with the analog quality. We have been broken into once and only have a very fuzzy picture of the guy stealing everything.

I want to switch to an all IP system with a minimum of 1.3mp cameras (1x indoor dome, 3x outdoor cameras with room to expand) with a dedicated windows computer as a recording server (I will switch to linux+zoneminder if it means I can mix up brands to get a cheaper system)

I am open to suggestions on camera/software brands & have been researching geovision but the licensing confuses the hell out of me

I had some questions on GeoVision IP cameras, does the NVR software come with their IP cameras or do i have to buy it separately?

I am looking at vivotek too but their ~2mp cameras look very expensive here in Australia ($6-700AUD+). I am budgeting around $4-500AUD per camera

Regards,

Phill

The Geovision NVR software is free with their cameras. If you want to use their software with 3rd party cameras you will need to purchase licenses for each 3rd party camera at about 100.00 list per camera.

I would look at Exacq NVR software and Axis or Arecont cameras.

Milestone Essentials is about $50 USD MSRP per channel, and has about the widest device support list in the industry. The remote client is pretty well laid out, as well. It is a Windows based system for the server, as well as the client, though. You can get a 30 day demo of it from their site.

Avigilon is another worth looking at, smaller product support list, but a very nice remote client, as well as great customer support.

You may want to try to move your budget to that ~700 dollar range, for the exterior cameras, at least. Not much I've come across for less than that has been very worthwhile, from my experience.