Sign in to follow this  
Tom12345

steel metal outside of building

sheetmetal on outside of industrial building...so this is the second install for analogue i have ever had where i mount good ol Joe Blow bullet cameras on the outside of the building to the sheet metal covering and end up with scrolling horizontal bars rolling down to up on the screen..i did install one camera and mounted to a light pole outside that was not even attached to the building and same situation. other cameras in the inside of the building, domes mounted on drywall or wood. no problems. anything mounted to metal on the property was an issue.....had to mount all metal cameras attached to anything metal on nylon with nylon screws or bolts....coincidentally no problems with an ip camera on the property

whats with that?

Depends on the camera housing, i've installed or maintained many mounted directly to the metal that never had a problem. Use a piece of plastic or wood as backing, or in some cases using an isolated power supply (or separate power supplies) will also help.

i thought it would be called ground loop....not so fun when you got all the cameras installed already ...haha...the more i think about it...this last place had two breaker panels and my power supply was probably powered from one but the cameras mounted to the metal were nearest the other break panel, which may have been closer to that ground source??? food for thought....it was that way in another place too...seperate buildings and power sources......whats that mean uneven grounds at each place cause the issue?

intresting........