ljarrald

DVR showing and recording B+W video from colour camera

hi, i have just got a new camera for looking at the front gate of my house. i decided to test it out first so plugged it in to my netbooks power supply (12v, 3a) and connected it to the DVR with a short BNC to BNC lead.

it works and stuff the DVR shows the video as B+W unless its on the 4X4 screen, in which case it is colour.

i have had this problem before with a camera, but i found if i gave it a bit more voltage, it seemed to work.

the camera has an OSD so i can change all sorts of settings. i have tried everything and still get this problem.

whats going on?

thanks in advance...

that channel is in colour when different cameras are connected (swapped it and a working cam around, same problem moved to the other channel with the camera)

the pal/ntsc may be the problem. i think (THINK! i could be wrong, my memory is bad.) that it was b+w in the 16 way screen, then i restarted the DVR and it was colour in 16 way, but im not sure. i'll tinker.

i plugged the camera into my projector and the input is fine. its colour and PAL. i wonder why the DVR doesn't like it :/

This camera has nightview so the picture may be B/W in dark light condition.

If the problem is in pal/ntsc you would get a small empty bar below the picture (less scanlines).

A projector or a tv is 'smarter' then a dvr and may convert the signal to pal and fullscreen.

when the camera switched to night mode, the projector started messing around and then the picture came back and instead of PAL it said monochrome. i do have the option on the camera to keep it as one or the other. i am going to tinker later...

when the camera switched to night mode, the projector started messing around and then the picture came back and instead of PAL it said monochrome.

Hi. ljarrald the signal from the camera should not be changing the settings on your projector having monochrome comming up on the screen would not be comming from the camera.

is your camera from the link you posted or is it that it looks the same. (the one you have listed is a qvis camera) and it has no monochome settings

when the camera switched to night mode, the projector started messing around and then the picture came back and instead of PAL it said monochrome.

Hi. ljarrald the signal from the camera should not be changing the settings on your projector having monochrome comming up on the screen would not be comming from the camera.

is your camera from the link you posted or is it that it looks the same. (the one you have listed is a qvis camera) and it has no monochome settings

the camera i listed is the same.

Day / Night Operation

it must be coming from the camera. i did a vid showing it but youtube is stupid and won't let me upload it so i am going to have to do it again

Day / Night Operation

day / night is not the same as monochrome (monochrome is B/W only) the qvis cant send screen text to say what its setting are back to viewing screen

Day / Night Operation

day / night is not the same as monochrome (monochrome is B/W only) the qvis cant send screen text to say what its setting are back to viewing screen

no, iknow it cant send screen text. but the projector detects the type of input its getting, adjusts its self accordingly and displays the input type.

i will get a still from the video, hold on.

i will get a still from the video, hold on.

this is the best i can get

169752_1.png

and i cant get a decent still of it saying monochrome, but it says it where it says PAL