shaywood

Time to upgrade home DVR - What do I do

I'm currently using a Q-See QC444 DVR with 4 standard type cameras (700tvl, Day/night). The QC444 has all the features I need like remote access, email, record scheduling, ect. But, I would like a DVR that can produce a better picture (larger resolution, bitrate, etc). The QC444 has only D1 (30fps) on one channel. Does anyone have recommendations for a better home DVR that is reasonably priced - say $200-$400?

Shawn

Buy a Dahua DVR. Best feature set and reliability by far at that price point. Full D1 resolution @ 7fps, plus remote viewing, scheduling, email, etc. You mentioned D1 @ 30fps, but I think that is a waste of hard drive space. Your eye can't really see the difference between 7fps and 30 fps, but you'll get a ton more storage space on your HDD.

They're sold by a few different distributors in US. I'd buy under the QVIS brand name. Their prices are best and they offer a 3 year warranty on their DVRs. Some distributors don't sell unless you're a dealer. PM me if you would like more info on QVIS DVRs.