tomdlgns

8.5 MultiView and windows 7 64 bit

client purchased a new PC:

win 7 pro 64 bit

pc is running w/o any issues. he had multiview on his old PC, xp, that he would use to connect to his two DVRs (not on site) that worked for a few years w/o any issues.

on his new computer, win 7 pro 64 bit, i tried installing ddmultiview.exe from geovision 8.5 pack. it installed w/o any issues, but when i attempt to login to one of his sites from the w7 pc, one camera loads and the program freezes. not only that, his entire network freezes. even after i end the process of the multiview program, i dont get internet connection until i power cycle his modem/router from the ISP.

a friends office is located next door to us with the same ISP and modem/router and he doesnt have any issues with dmmultiview (he also has a camera system he monitors, off site).

any ideas?

the 8.5 software appears to be win7 64 bit ready. i actually have it on my PC, i have a location of my own i am viewing and i dont have any issues. i tried viewing this clients two locations from my PC and i can connect w/o any issues.

i am beginning to think it is related with hardware in his PC, but it is a fresh built PC with nothing but the OS. i realize that even fresh installs can have issues, i just want to make sure nobody tells me to reformat/clean out viruses, etc...

thanks.

EDIT- i forgot to include a pic i had.

error-small.jpg.1839ebbcf6c2fda31dcf35a6cf3daca7.jpg

Change the compatibility to XP SP3 and run as an Admin.

Windows 7 sucks sometimes

thanks Rory.

i will try that tomorrow.

i am off site right now, i do have remote access to the DVR, but i dont want to lock the connection in case it doesnt work.

however, my PC is windows 7 pro 64 bit and i didnt have to do anything that you described above. i will still try it and report back.

thanks.