Sign in to follow this  
restalla

LJD Deltawave PTZ cameras

Hi all.

CCTV newbie here. I have been asked to relocate an LJD Deltawave system. That seems straightforward enough, but I've also been asked to replace two of the cameras and move a third. He needs outside units that he can control using the pan / tilt on the Deltawave remote control. They also need to be Day / night cameras.

This may seem a stupid question to those in the know, but do PTZ cameras have a standard control system, or do they vary by manufacturer. In other words, how can I check that the cameras will be compatible?

Also, are there any common pitfalls I should look out for when sourcing the replacements? (or can anyone recommend a suitable camera?

thanks for any help,

He needs outside units that he can control using the pan / tilt on the Deltawave remote control. They also need to be Day / night cameras.

Hi. the deltawave has no PTZ control (to control PTZ cameras) the ptz option on the remote control is used along with picture in picture mode (you can pan tilt zoom in frame only)

the deltawave is a old unit HOW are you getting footage off the dvr ???

you can pan tilt zoom in frame only

ah. that makes a lot of sense, as I couldn't understand how they were controlled as there seemed to be just one cable to each camera (see, said I was a newbie).

He did say that using his original cameras, he used to be able to see from one side of his boundary to the other using 2 presses of the pan control. He seems to think the cameras were motorised, but I'm assuming that using a wide angle camera, the frame in view on the screen could be smaller than the total view of the camera, which would explain that?

That will also make the job of replacing the cameras a lot easier, I'm guessing.

In terms of getting the recordings off, I did notice there was no CD in the drive, so I'm assuming that in the event of an incident, he planned to copy to a video recorder.

thanks

andrew