gtxkid

What to do for this job

This is the showroom.

lower level rack threw the store.

10 foot celling on side and 11 foot in the middle

What sort of budget are you looking at? 5MP cameras on every aisle would be nice, but probably a little spendy for a thrift store. Budget will definitely play a role.

What are the areas of concern? Are you (or the customer) worried about shoplifting in specific areas, shoplifting throughout the store, employee theft, fraud...? Does this store take drop-off donations? If so, you might want to cover the drop-off area in case people are dumping garbage or "unacceptable" items.

These are the first two questions I'd ask the customer (probably in reverse order, actually), because these will have the greatest impact on how the store is covered.

Entrance, Cash Registers, Cash Counters, etc priority areas.

Then they need to decide if they will cover every single isle or just cover areas of concern.

Right now its just one big room.

Im not going to lie, I have no idea what a "thrift store" is

Entrance, Cash Registers, Cash Counters, etc priority areas.

Then they need to decide if they will cover every single isle or just cover areas of concern.

Right now its just one big room.

Im not going to lie, I have no idea what a "thrift store" is

Thrift stores are secondhand stores, used clothes, shoes, small appliances, etc.

Rory is right, more is lost out the back door (employee theft) than the front, in the stores I've done. Think about it, you lose a few items out the front, you lose a few bucks. With employee theft, you can be losing hundreds or thousands, over time.

Start with detail shots on all cash handling areas, use text inserters on the registers, entry shot with deterrent monitor, and then use whatever you have left in your budget on the other areas.

Been using a lot of these indoor: http://www.aadvr.com/D620VICR.html

Not every isle, just good general coverage across the main room / they are est. 16 camera's plus 2 for register and 5 in back for Furniture

There is another furniture room also, l shaped / see photo's.

(hardwired) GOOD THAT YOU ASK BECAUSE this is a different kind of thrift store.

http://newhorizonsthriftstores.com/

It took me since 2006 to understand what these people are all about.

I am not a Mennonite but my wife has worked for them for 3 years.

I have done a lot of volunteer work for them.

(Soundy) Plate reader on Entrance and exit (Camera Cost 400.00 each ).

General coverage for shoplifting across main room and furniture room.

(No on employee theft)

Yes store take's drop-off donations (Will use 2 nice Bullets Back there)

Yes they do dumping garbage or "unacceptable" items ALL THE TIME

Rack is not so high, they learned from there other store that i had to fix for them.

Everything i sell them will be at cost.

Plate Reader's 400 each 6-60mm Remote control for Motorized zoom,

Focus, irus

Indoor dome 130.00 2.8-12

Outdoor dome 155.00 2.8-12

Outdoor Bullet 285.00 6-50

CAT 5 with Balums

Use 2 inbeded DVR @ 800.00 each or mabe a PC base 32 channel

thumb_IMG_0190.jpg.7851c2be35646c2e5c1b6f97d9f4f184.jpg

What is the best way to cover such a large area.

Still working on this.

hi. a good MP setup would cover most but its down to budget. you may find going hybrid = both anolog and MP may be the way for you to go.

Thrift stores have the same problems as standard stores as in shop lifting but the biggest loss is the drop off points or collection areas.

we worked with oxfam stores (same as thrift) for a system just to watch drop off points. this is were the big money goes.

people would donate and staff would take there pick before it entered the shop system. say a painting or some type of old antique and take it home and sell on ebay for $$$$ and most of the time these staff think they have done nothing wrong they dont see it as theft from a charity.

MP at till areas / drop off point / sorting room and mix of anolog and MP in shop area and anolog at store bin area. you will be surprised how many staff throw things out and come back at 11pm at night