lincon2001

can authority through via LAN, but not working via Internet

Recently, I bought a DVR Fuho 16 port and ten camera. I connect it to the network. On DVR, I assign address 192.168.1.10 with port 81. On router, I used the port forwarding function to open port 81 and used DDNS function to assign address windyhotel.dyndns.org to my DVR. After I did that, I accessed it through LAN network at 192.168.1.10:81 the webpage authority appear I use password default: USER: admin Password: admin and then I can access the DVR. I do the same way via www.windyhotel.dyndns.org:81 the webpage authority appear and I use the same user and password but it not working. The popup appear and says: "Login Fail". I'm very confused and hope you all help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks and best regards

Lincon2001

Most likely the problem is within the DVRs other ports. Most of the time the Dahua (and other) use few ports to actually deal with the data stream. As far as I remember from the top of my head it is port 80 and 37777 / 37778. Have a look at your manual and check what other ports does it use. Maybe it will be in your DVR configuration.

Question : does your web interface work on FireFox, Safari, Chrome ? Or its just Windows Internet Explorer ?? You can check that within lan - just let me know.

btw: I hope that you have forwarded the port 81 from the router to port 81 to your DVR.

yes what he said. I am getting the login page and also getting Login Failed.

Check your DVR Network menu you should have another port or 2 that need to be setup on the router/modem , this will allow connection to be made and video to stream.

I would suggest changing your usename and password to your DVR as now everyone knows the URL to access it and the username and password, and with a little digging one would most likely be able to turn up more information, and this opens up an attack vector into your network should the DVR suffer from any security flaws, as you have to remember in the backend it is only running linux.