Numb-nuts

Pickpocket passing wallet to accomplice

Thought you all might like to see how this was done. The chap in red is the victim who is slightly merry.

The chap on the right distracts him with a street dance routine, while his accomplice walks close behind,

at the point of taking the wallet, the victims foot is troden on and he looks down. As he does, the wallet

is taken and passed to the accomplice who has now started to pass them. He turns and walks in the

opposite direction removing all valuables from the wallet then turns sharply again and passes the victim

dropping his now empty wallet behind him. The thief no 1 then points it out to the victim, who naturally

checks the wallet while the pair make their escape in different directions.

The image shows the point at which the wallet is about to be passed. If the victim realises at this point,

he turns toward the thief no1 who naturally doesn't have the wallet and the theft proceeds as normal then

"look there it is on the floor" for effect.

The whole theft took about 15 seconds from start to finish

QmdltH

No it was on a city center CCTV camera in Central London (run by Westminster Council) and in direct contact with police teams from West End Central police station. You can find it on you tube but it's a long tedious video as you spend most of the time waiting for the action. Search Youtube for "Pickpocket".

from looking at the guys other vids, i remember that program. i started watching it after my dad fell asleep but my 'responsible' lodger came in and told me to turn it off, i can't remember how old i was.

does anyone know what it was called? i want to finish watching it.

and i like this auto system! very clever. ther say the camera cost 16,000 quid or something, but i think they probably mean the camera+housing+software+pc?

qfKEBfPobmE

Looks like a lot of video analytics involved, which is where the hefty price tag comes from.

All of the cameras together might cost 16k quid.

I think Chris is right, they would have to have created a unique set of analytic criteria for a limited market and so the price will obviously be relatively high. But what a worthwhile project.