Sign in to follow this  
MoshPuiu

VideoViewer login problen under Win7 x64

Few days ago I upgraded my computer so I decided to install Windows 7 x64 SP1 instead of Vista x64 which I had before.

Since then I cannot connect anymore to my AVC760, I mean I cannot login to VideoViewer.

What I did:

- all router and DVR settings remains untouched (portforwarding, user, pass and so on).

- firewalls are off, antivirus off.

- logged to windows with admin rights.

- UAC disabled.

- installed multiple versions of VV (0.0.9.9, 0.1.5.6, 0.1.8.3).

- ping on address DVR returns 1ms so it responds to ping.

- when I search DVR on VideoViewer it shows up the DVR address. I set user and password, I press 'Get Type' button and it gets '4ch dvr' response. But when I tried to login it shows up 'Login Failed'.

- run VideoViewer under various compatibility settings and allways run as admin.

- checked setup log: all files are OK, libraries were registered OK.

- I can see DVR from IE but only with QuickTime plugin but NOT with MPEG4.

- did not tried to run VideoViewer under windows 'safe mode' (I will do it tonight when I will be home)

All login attempts leaves no trace on DVR. (checked under IE inteface)

Do you have any ideea what should I do further? I lose my patience...

VideoViewer works OK under windows 'safe mode with networking' ... both versions 0.1.5.6, 0.1.8.3.

Checked twice all security settings but I Still have no success to run it under normal login...

Finally the problem is solved. The firewall I used, Bitdefender internet Security 2012 didn't really stop when I shut down firewall.

Until now, every version of BitDefender I used stops when I select command 'Firewall off'. Now, the version 2012 seems to be active even I choose to stop Firewall. I discovered this when I captured the local network trafic... sometimes there were some pings on DVR address from BitDef firewall whet it was stopped. So... booted in safe mode, disabled bitdefender services, restart and all the things are ok...

The topic can be closed...