SAJEEL

remote viewing help

Hi,

I am going crazy trying to solve this, issue, i can connect to dvr using dyndns and open port 5000 on router, in firefox using quicktime i can conect and view cctv on dvr, however on ie8 i can connect to dvr, but cannot see any video using h.264, i can see settings and make changes, however the local machine on lan can view and chage settings, the only difference i have noticed is that in c:\windows\downloaded\program files there is amctrl and dvi plugins which are from dvr source, how can install these remotely, without having to take my computer there or bring dvr to remote computer.

Typically the web server of a DVR uses port 80 to download browser plug-ins. What make/model DVR? Sometimes a DVR-maker will have a demo-page on the web site, and your web browser will download/install pkug ins that way.

solved issue, had to install videoviewer software on all remote machines, then remote viewing using internet explorer work fine, it appears that the dvr requires some file or plugin from videoviewer, the down side you cannot view from anywhere such as internet cafe or whilst on holiday.

videoviewer is avtech, so maybe it was actually that java was missing from those computers, or not updated.

Hi,

I am going crazy trying to solve this, issue, i can connect to dvr using dyndns and open port 5000 on router, in firefox using quicktime i can conect and view cctv on dvr, however on ie8 i can connect to dvr, but cannot see any video using h.264, i can see settings and make changes, however the local machine on lan can view and chage settings, the only difference i have noticed is that in c:\windows\downloaded\program files there is amctrl and dvi plugins which are from dvr source, how can install these remotely, without having to take my computer there or bring dvr to remote computer.

You must need a better DVR System, go to safetyreasons.com, they have an excellent products and support.

Good luck

" title="Applause" />

You must need a better DVR System, go to xxxxxxxx.com, they have an excellent products and support.

Good luck

yes safetyreasons you know what your selling avtech your site and your telling him to buy better than avtech

1 thing you are right about IS BUY BETTER than avtech