Sign in to follow this  
AngleSecurity

CCTV System Design in Afghanistan

Hi

I have been asked to do a CCTV System Design for a Hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan.

I found cables, connectors, PSU's, trunking etc. locally. But I would have to import the DVR and Cameras from the UK. I need to design the system to a UK standard but taking into consideration the local issues and laws etc.

Stupid question...Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

I have been asked to do a CCTV System Design for a Hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan.

I would have to import the DVR and Cameras from the UK. I need to design the system to a UK standard

can i ask why to UK standard ??? and what equipment you are thinking of using. how many cameras how big is the hospital. cat5 or 6 will be your best option is its a large install.

The reason they want UK standard is because most of the local installers install very poor quality systems and are either very unreliable or do not know the systems they install well. So they say we need to install to high standards and UK/US seems to be a good standard for them.

Thinking of using something like the QVIS 32 CH DVR and 24 Cameras Mainly Vandal proof eyeball domes. Keeping it simple. The hospital is 4 floors tall and the furthest camera is about 200m from the DVR.

qvis 32 is a good system. i would also look at the UTP cameras and use cat5 on everything. your main cost is power (backup supply) if you need the system 24/7 in Afghanistan.

So they say we need to install to high standards and UK/US seems to be a good standard for them.

AngleSecurity. you are based in the UK. ... sorry thats the part i dont understand. are you doing the install or putting it out to a company out there.

from various organisations in Afghanistan

companies get these all the time afgan /qatar/nigeria. getting as much info as they can out of your company and weeks of work.

qvis 32 out there you will be looking at £25-30k

I have been there a few times and know the owners of this particular Hospital very well. I am currently here in Afghanistan now so I am very familiar with the territory. I budgeted a little lower then that, about 12-15k we will have to try and source some of the materials locally.