ljarrald

cameras on tower blocks.

on every towerblock i see, they all have PTZ cameras hanging off at least one corner on the roof. they are never pointing in the grounds of the actual building, usually looking far out (they must have a monster zoom!)

i am just wondering why? they are council flats so are they therefore council cameras used to monitor people from far distances?

i'm just asking out of curiosity really.

on every towerblock i see, they all have PTZ cameras hanging off at least one corner on the roof. they are never pointing in the grounds of the actual building, usually looking far out (they must have a monster zoom!)

i am just wondering why? they are council flats so are they therefore council cameras used to monitor people from far distances?

I assume "council flats" are your government-subsidized housing?

Only asking because I'm not a Brit.

I assume "council flats" are your government-subsidized housing?

Only asking because I'm not a Brit.

yup, correct. free housing paid for by the taxpayer (i think, i'm only 14 so don't really know, if i am wrong I'm sure someone will correct me)

Yeah, sounds to me like they're what we in the states call "crime prevention cameras"

They keep a lookout for the illegal activity that might be going on in the area.

say somebody got robbed, then the police or housing authority could look back over the recorded video

files and get look at what happened and by whom... hopefully

Hope that helps,

Cheers

John

i think you're probably right. but i think more lower cameras are better. they have two on EVERY block, that is quite alot of cameras! combine that with the 1000000X zoom lenses they must have, you cold put several cameras in high crime areas for the same price