badasafish

AVTECH AVC785 - recover remote password

Hi all

I've searched for the answer to this and looked through the manual but unfortunately to no avail. I have an AVTECH AVC785 system but I am unable to login remotely to the system, i.e. via a webbrowser or the Video Server E software (I'm assuming due to the username/password having been changed and forgotten). I am able to access the menu on the DVR as I have that password.

The manual says that the default username/password are both admin but this doesn't work. I've checked the network settings on the unit, and it's happily set up on a static IP, and I've forwarded the appropriate port in the router. For the time being, to keep things simple im trying to login to it from a PC on the same network, but since the username/password have been changed I'm having no luck.

Since I have access to the actual unit is there a way that I can reset the remote access username/password?

Many thanks

Stephen

If all else fails, I guess you could try removing the battery for an hour.

(if its's anything like a PC then a few minutes would probably do)

Removing battery won't help – it's not a PC's BIOS.

If you have local access to the unit, you just need to go to the system menu and reset DVR to default factory setting. It will reset the username&password to web management.