Sign in to follow this  
Gesualdo

ex82 stuck in night mode

Help please.

My ex82 camera is stuck in night mode. Its better that than day mode as I can see at night, but what do I do to fix it?

Or suggest a replacement camera.

Thanks,

Gesualdo

Thanks Rory,

That is what I thought when I started the other thread. Is it something I can do myself, I can solder, and if so, where do I get the parts. RS does not carry anything like that any more.

Thanks,

Gesualdo

You have to order it from Bosch.

It plugs in so no soldering required.

Or you could try to source your own photocell, take the old one out and try to match it up, can always splice into the 2 wires so you keep the same plug.

wow! thanks. good info to know, I like plugs, I can do plugs. I will have to contact them for the parts. Only source is for 100 or more from china. Little overkill there I think.

Gesualdo

Just a note also, have to take the guts of the camera almost all out to get the old IR lead out and put the new one in, careful when you pull on that stuff as some other wires can come loose easily. I think the last one I did with the camera still mounted, but obviously it might be easier if you can take it down. It was like one whole batch of them from a few years back, all the photocells went bad, ended up swapping most of them out for new cameras in the end.

Your thoughts please...

New twist to the problem. It will switch on warm days above, say 50* and sun on it but below that it stays in whatever mode it is last in when the temp drops. Is the heater gone? or something else?