niteshojha

About my DVR KPD 674 data recovery....

Hi

I am new to this because

i have DVR which have no brand name but when i oped it i saw chip name KPD 674 everywhere on the board.

one day suddely my staff gon to view data and mis. formated drive. when i connected to PC it shows linuxswap drive of 261 mb and linux /ext3 partition. and data is important for me. as i am techno geek can anyone tell me how to recover data from HDD of linux partition and how to view this in my pc.

after this incedent i have removed harddisk from my dvr and no data overwritten. so need help....

it's very important

Thank you

Im going to assume by now that you have probably placed the drive back in the DVR and started to record to it again. However if this is not the case, the drive as you saw is formatted as a linux partition, you will need to look at some data recovery software which should be able to get the data back for you.

You could try something like Helix, or Backtrack 5 or SANs forensic toolkit or do a google search for linux partition recovery software.

Thanks for your valuable reply,

i have not placed hdd back in dvr, it is safe, as i have tried google for the same but not tried the tools u have mentioned. will try this and revert you back.

thanks,

Nitesh

Let me know how it goes, I would say if it is really valuable data to send it off to a drive recovery outfit, I would offer to look at the drive for you in my systems, however I dont think we are overly close.