dbarn

video problems

i am new here so if i do this wrong i apoligize.

i have run cat 5 for camera wire 650 foot from our shop to the main building .the picture is good at the source and am using a powered utp for the transmit side and a passive balun on recieve side next to dvr .when i veiw the cameras from my spot monitor they are fine but when i connect to dvr through the passive balun i get major distortion and video loss. all cameras jump and have serious ghosting issues . i have installed ground loop isolators and changed camera wiring to powered balun and changed power supply but nothing working so far . any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I could just be settings (video format or something else), could be the baluns, could be the cat5 to the camera.

I'm no camera expert, but I don know structured wiring. You shouldn't run that cat5 parallel to a/c within 12 inches for any more than a few feet.

This could be the problem.

thank you for ur advice. I was going to try that and refresh rate next and see what if any changes it made

Try powering the camera locally at the building it is hanging on. If the power wire goes all the way back to your shop you could be having uncommon grounding issues with the buildings. I have run into that in the past and powering locally to the building has cleared it up.

Did you determine that electrical interference was the issue?

If the electrical interference is the issue, I doubt PVC will do anything to fix that.

The metal (steel?) electrical conduit might do it, but that is a shot in the dark as well.

Also, using shielded twisted pair (instead of UTP) may also help resolve the issue.

will running the camera wires in pvc conduit stop electrical interferance in cctv videos

i have run cat 5 for camera wire 650 foot from our shop to the main building .the picture is good at the source and am using a powered utp

thats 200m power down cat 5. under powered cameras can give the same effect as electrical interferance.

are you running 12 or 24v what amps and what camera are you using