zpollock

Viewing More Than 4 Cams On Dahua

Yeah, that app doesn't appear to have any support for Dahua DVRs, nor any of the brands it is commonly sold under (ICRealtime, QVIS, A-Data)

Any you guys have an issue using IP Cam Viewer Pro 1.6.1 to view Dahua DVRs? I forwarded the port 37777 to my machine, it works fine with iDMSS but the IP Cam Pro just won't load any picture. I tried both TCP/UDP ports but I assume it only needs to forward the TCP port 37777 and nothing else. When I try to view the picture, it just keeps trying to load. I tried Dahua and Apollo as the DVR type.

With Android, there is a 3rd party app called "IP Cam Viewer Lite" that allows this. Its pretty cool but I still find myself using the gDMSS App more because of the problems I state below.

The problem with going over 4 cameras is as Rory stated, its too small to view on a little cell phone screen. With a 9 square view, its pretty difficult.

FWIW, I use an Android app called TinyCam Monitor - it allows viewing cams 1 at a time, 2 at a time, or 4 at a time, with multiple pages.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.alexvas.dvr&hl=en

AFAIK, TinyCam doesn't work with Dahua DVRs yet unfortunately.