jisaac

Who makes the best top of the line Dvr

Ok I really need to know this. Who makes the Best top of the line Dvr? I am talking most expensive top of the line dvr. I cant find a dvr that is mpeg-4

30 frames per second per channel

ability to play back all cameras in a multiplexed view

High resolution

Tcp/Ip

atleast 1.2T of storage

and all the other goodies

oh ya and made in america or a country of good Diplomatic relations.

Damn the Buy American Act.

jisaacmagee

( oh ya and need to order it tomorrow )

Well the best top of the line DVR, and the specs you mentioned, dont all mix together.

Best embedded Stand Alone DVRs:

GE Security (Kalatel) - best ive ever used, hear good things

Sanyo, Bosch Divar - never used these, hear good things

Dedicated Micros - well liked, but not by myself.

March Networks - hear good things ...

? Panasonic <- ? I havent used it nor dont know anyon that does, but it does look impressive per specs, and a very high price tag

Now, if you are talking about recording speed, that is a whole differrent issue.

There are a couple out there that are faster, but they are all Asian manufacturered, and none do D1 in real time recording. Ill pull some links.

Edited by Guest

well after a bit of research and alot of persuasion I got them to go with the pelco dx8000. Expensive yes but looking good.

The first........well.......the second windows based to be used on base. Probably the last chance windows based dvrs will get to prove themselves.

Not a Pelco. We use all their stuff, but their DVR's are garbage. I think it is an OEM too. Rory, MetzLyov?

Cant comment on it, but even Honeywell is selling OEM Korean Products now.

Pelco makes some good housings though

Yeah, but thats the card, it still has the Pelco name on it.

Levon can verify it exact, im just going by what I heard.

You could check out www.video-insight.com . Thomas on the forum works there.

They are I think Comart Systems Cards (asia) but they customise the software in the US so you have full US Software support.

They also do Hyrbid (IP cameras as well as Analogue), and Java based Remote Video, which is Cross OS / Browser.

Rory

panasonic does not have a high enough record rate

Panasonic

30 images per second 720 x 480

60 images per second 720 x 240

120 images per second 860 x 240

Multi-screen 60 ips

Pelco dx8000

Up to 480 Images Per Second (IPS) Recording Rate at 320 x 240 Record rate is 480 TOTAL - THIS WOULD BE 30ips at 320 x 240 (Magnifying glass)?

It runs on Windows 2000!

Security and Lockdown Protection Based on NIST and Microsoft Standards (Security and Microsoft should not be used in the same sentence)

Please talk to MetzLyov. I would go with one of his GE's before I'd go with a Pelco DVR. He might even have something even better.

Guys,

You know I do not use the "P" word nor I should make any comments about them or on anything they make...

My take what is the best or the greatest? Well, lets see - THE ONES THAT DO NOT GIVE MUCH OF ANY HEADACKES

Seriously guys, I am all for major brand manufacturers. The question is very broad in my opinion and you can never can give a complete answer..

Very few majors are producing DVR with 30FPS per channel anyway. They all are behind the curve from that stand point. However, every unit they produce is feature rich and very dependible and that is what I look at, not for any hype...

Bosch - Great DVR series - DIBOS, DIVAR and DESA series and so many variatons in between.. Some are embedded and some are Windows based. Just in this brand, each model has its pros and cons, but overall, great product line. Price ranges from $2,000 to up to $10,000 or more (certain configurations). Just because they are expensive does not mean they are the best - rather, very stable and functional and have their uses for their own customers. - Warranty 3 years!

American Dynamics - Intellex series - all Windows 2000 based - very expensive for what they deliver. With all the major problems last few years on the Maxtor hard drives, poor rated power supplies, etc, they still were able to get away with expensive prices - is it worth it? Well, retail industry thought so... With their latest and great design on their next generation units, they now are looking at MPEG4 compression, hot swappable and pull out hard drive, etc... Warranty 3 years on everything except hard drives that come with 2 years warranty.

Panasonic - With the previous flop HD500 series, they came up with new series - Price variance between $4,000 to $25,000 and more... Great design, overly expensive and very difficult to program and maintain.. Is it worth it, well government agencies think so and they pay the top dollar because it is Panasonic... Warranty 3 years (do not care for their warranty repair procedures and it is the worst in the industry).

Sanyo - With their latest DVR series "Tiger", they are trying to catch up... Always made very dependible DVR and great support. pricing vary from $3,000 to $15,000 and more.. Warranty 3 years.

GE Security - Several series - SDVR, DVMRe, DIGIA and few others... Proabably the simplest and most functional design in the market. Price range varies from $1,500 to $15,000 and more... Everyday users will like it more than others, because of the simplicity of the design and ease of installation the programming and usage... Warranty flactuates. One day it is 3 years, the next day it is 2 years... I heard that outside of U.S., it is actually 1 year...

Others available, i.e. Mitsubishi... but I do not want to bore you anymore...

So, which is the most expensive and the best? Well, if you consider all the facts on the table, there will be no clear winner, as each and everyone of them have many pros and cons, including flactuations of prices..

In my book, there is no winner - they all produce great products and as long as they provide excellent support (including technical support), then they all are equal...

Levon