troy6363

RG59 Siamese Cable

Hello all. Im looking to purchase some rg59 siamese on ebay. Is it possible to get rg59 that degrades my picture quality. this is what the listing says. This is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160672907684

Oh yea it is also listed to be RG59B/U Siamese

what is the B/U for?

RG59B/U Siamese Cable is a combination of RG59 for video and a pair of 18-gauge power wires in one jacket. This design makes installation easier by carrying video and power over one cable run. Our RG59B/U cable features a 20AWG or 0.81mm center conductor and 18/2AWG stranded power wires for better conductivity.

The braiding coverage is a true 95% with a braid construction of 9x16x0.12 and a pitch of 33mm to provide effective shielding from high frequency interference.

The wire's insulation is made of 3.66mm FPE (Foam Polyethylene) which result in a low dielectric constant and lower attenuation.

Nothing too wrong with that cable and the price seems very good. I imagine you know what your application is and that RG59B/U is suitable fir it. RG59B/U is suitable for CCTV signals. All that other stuff is ebay waffle. the cable is not rubbish.

Is that cable copper shield and center and are the 18 ga stranded copper. ?

It says it's 18/2 but the listing doesn't verbatim say cable copper shield. I hope it's not some low quality cable that degrades my video quality

Is that cable copper shield and center and are the 18 ga stranded copper. ?

It says it's 18/2 but the listing doesn't verbatim say cable copper shield. I hope it's not some low quality cable that degrades my video quality

If you look carefully, you can find that the seller say" Wire Construction: Inner conductor CCS, Power Wire CCA".

So the cable is not shield by Copper. It is shield by CCA, which can't run in long distance. And the performance will certainly be poor.

Thanks guys for the heads up. I didn't order that cable. I figured something wasnt right. I did however get some rg59 18/2 with a copper shield