Sign in to follow this  
theprez

SWANN 8900 DVR Unit - CMS Confusion

Hello,

We have recently tried to configure a SWANN 8900 standalone DVR unit. The iCENS software is working fine both remotely and locally - but there is some confusion with regards to the CMS setting found on the GUI of the device.

What is this used for exactly?

172647_1.jpg

Hello,

We have recently tried to configure a SWANN 8900 standalone DVR unit. The iCENS software is working fine both remotely and locally - but there is some confusion with regards to the CMS setting found on the GUI of the device.

What is this used for exactly?

172647_1.jpg

hi CMS is used if you have more than 1 dvr i.e 1 at home 1 at work cms lets you view both together on 1 screen

I'm able to do this already though with this feature turned off by using ICEN's software tht connects to many DVRs. Perhaps this is used to display it on the physical monitor connected to the rear of the DVR and not via computer screen?

Turning it on simply asks for an IP address no user name or anything...the manual provides zero guidance ;(

Yes - using the iCEN's software included - lets you login and view/control multiple DVRs on one monitor...guess I don't understand the difference except for maybe this feature would display te multiple units on the physical monitor instead of having to use the software on a computer?