Security Solutions

Geovision Webcam recent issues

Hello and thanks in advance for any help. My clients are able to access the Geovision webcam. The "viewer" is available. However when the client presses "play" and inputs thier username and password a dialog box error message states "Server Close" I am not using DMIP, I am using the DDNS Service so that is not an issue.

Mo

www.automatedsurveillance.com

make sure all ports are forwarded, you can leave out audio though if not using that.

Also, whats the users upload speed, what type of connection?

And is this with MultiView or just the single or double view?

Also, download and try this, pm for password for the zip file.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/uploads/LiveVueGeo_1_0_5.zip

It will auto scan for cameras initially, if it is too slow a connection it will time out and "cannot connect to server", then you can click on the Options button and set only the cameras you have, like 3, 4, 5, etc .. ..also set the quality level to low and it loads faster if it is a slow connection .. this works with a constent 110 upload DSL speed. .

Yeah, webcam.geovisionl.com.tw works for me, i know as Im using it in my testing ..

Getting this same server close message, from just one location, or at other locations?

For those of you who have kept up with this thread. I know what the issue is. Panda Titanium Antivirus software issue. After uninstalling the software everything works fine. Now update your notes incase this happens to any of your clients.

P.S I will be switching my username from: Security Solutions

to: Automated Surveillance.

Thanks

Mo