Sign in to follow this  
LQ1985

Help with system design for hotel bar

Well, we are looking to put 10 camera inside our hotel bar, basically to keep an eye on employees, particularly in areas where they handle cash and at entrances/exits to the building

Here are few details:

Ceilings are 8-10ft tall

This is what i was thinking, i am open to all opinions recommendations.

Since we might need more camera's later on, we decided it is best to go with 16chan DVR card

DELL CPU 4Gb Ram, 1TB GB

Geovision GV-1240-16

CNB-DFL-20S (7Cameras)

CNB-LBM-20S IR (3Cameras)

What do you guys think?

Better way , do not take IR camera or you will facing nightmare, you should consider teh starlight type and 420tVl resolution for reduce complex lighting, especially Neon, spot.. all mix up.

Becasue my friend have terrible experience and we have tried long time to shoot this trouble.

Not being a troll here, but personally I have a love-hate relationship with PC-based DVRs. I know PCs...I have been working with PCs for 20+ years. I have setup tons of GeoVision stuff. But I have been burned many times by having things bork when they should be recording, or spending 20 hours troubleshooting why the PC goes blue-screen ten minutes after I look away.

Call me crazy, but hardware is cheap and 'almost' recording a crime does not cut it. To get the best of both worlds, get a pro-grade DVR with loop-through inputs to front-end the PC-based DVR. That's what I have at home. A 16 channel Everfocus that feeds each channel thru to my Geovision. Geovision works fairly well, but in terms of reliability, it can be hit or miss. Just my opinion.....

That card is pretty overkill in terms of Frames, How many frames per second do you need? and are you recording on motion or 24/7?

Not a huge amount of Information on the PC side of things either, Geovision cards can be temperamental in terms of chip sets and compatibility.

Not to scare you off!, Awesome system once its working! but giving you a heads up.

The PCI-E flavours of cards work with pretty much anything Intel based, (Im a huge AMD fan, but Geovision plus AMD based equipment for me at least has been woeful)

The PCI versions of the cards are a bit different they have random crashes and errors with Intels Sandy Bridge based stuff due to the lack of native PCI support, (The MB which have PCI go through a 3rd party controller)

If you post the Specs of that Dell based system i'm sure somebody here will help determine if its compatible for you.

But yes fully agree with CCTV_Tech, Its awesome when it works!

Trick is to get it stable on a test bench first (use a camera amplifier or duplicator to fudge a whole bunch of cameras, or hook up a whole bunch of cameras) sort all the niggles out.

Soak test it for a week, make sure its doing exactly what you want it to do in terms of recording (right frames per second, storage location, resolution) then clone that hard drive! and shelve it.

If you keep using the same hardware you can keep cloning that master drive, just put the new windows key in each new machine to make it legit and your good to go.

Downside is if you don't iron out all the bugs, then yeah you will be essentially cloning a fault so do it once do it right!

Best of luck

I want to open a new and the best hotel bar nyc as my business addition. I really enjoyed reading your helpful post. I am wondering if you can help me with my bar's design.