RaanMavi

Connection remote lost, frequently

Dear,

I have the following problem, a customer has a store with two subnets and each subnet had its own public IP.

Graphically

74E279895.jpg

Subnet 1 is not my interest. Subnet 2 is my responsibility.

The problem is that it often loses connection to view the DVR remotely, if I do a portscan remotely, the result is that the ports are closed. When restarting the equipment, the problem is solved.

Subnet 1 has a VPN, and tends to give less problems.

What I can do to avoid this problem?

Router: TP Link TL-WR740N http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=241&model=TL-WR740N

Switch 5 port: TP-Link TL-SF1005D http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=224&model=TL-SF1005D

DVRs: DMR-1622ARV (16 ch) y DMR-0412NUV (4CH)

Any help here is greatly appreciated

What type of Internet connection?

It's possible to configure a DSL modem so the connection times-out, unless that is configured in the router/modem to stay connected.

Does the site have a static IP? Are you connecting via DNS name or IP, and are you using a fixed or dynamic DNS (such as DYNDNS).

For example, if you have the Dynamic DNS update to be too infrequent, it won't work until you reset the thing, and your port scan is actually hitting somebody elses firewall

May I ask how it is you have two public IP addresses on 2 vlans with 1 router? Or are there two routers and two switches each on their own network entirely?

None of that gear looks like it would support VLANs.

Sounds more like it may be some sort of DHCP lease issue or something.