AMI

Can anyone identify this DVR software?

looks like digiflower ..

do you have a browser based or playback screen shot also?

Negative

I had a meeting with two local CCTV shops and a customer. I turned in my bid 3 days ago and ended up being almost a grand less with a much better backbone computer and twice as many cameras. The owner was very impressed with this software, and to be quite honest I was too.

I would love to know how this software compares to the I-View software. It had some neat features like only recording motion and stuff like that, but the frame capture rates were really crappy to the tune of 2-3fps where I am shooting for at the very least 10

Well Digiflower, well most PC systems record ONLY motion, you can do that with Iview also.

It looks like Digigflower, reason I say this is Eclipse CCTV uses it, and it looks identical to a couple versions we got from them that were not customized, they were the original versions and they look identical to what you posted. And they use DigiFlower.

It does have alot of features, but has issues Im still dealing with, and did today. You have to add a seperate remote user username and password, otherwise you cant connect to it remotely, it has issues adding managers and what not, a pain actually. Drove down to a location today and forgot to add a seperate user for remote access, and that sucked, cant connect right now

I have had issues where it forgot the remote user, somehow, wont go there, cause i dont sell them, just set them up for some clients, colleagues.

Otherwise its got the features, disk map, etc, simple to use, etc. but how stable is the software, is another issue. Its definately alot cheaper than the others. But Ive never had 1 issue with Iview or GeoVision.

It does have a powerful browser based software, though crashes windows alot.

Rory

just so you know this is the same thing, this is a screenshot of the browser based for the one i am talking about .. which for the price, are really good by the way, but are not comparibale to Iview or Geo:

Anyway, so it is Digiflower .. http://www.digi-flower.com/skip.html

Probably the SDK uncustomized version.

Edited by Guest

Yeah im starting to really like I-View

I am really at a loss here as to how much HDD space will be needed. I know raw video is huge to the tune of 30gb/hr. Obviously this is encoded but even still, video is large.

I already offer hard drive packages from 400GB up to 6000GB at around $0.80/GB for extra storage which is darn cheap. I could probably go beyond that but with that much storage, finding a case to hold the 16 storage hard drives, an optical media drive and a main OS hard drive becomes tough. As it is right now my standard case can only hold 2800GB. After that I am looking for something even more massive and and extra source of power

I also have a contract to run this system and I will be able to use windows remote desktop which will be nice. As a student I have access to the campus wireless network which extends to a rather large portion of the city so in theory I could watch it when ever I want, where ever I want.

Depending on how well this works, I may get the go to build two more much smaller and easier systems for their other retail locations.

Not to mention the money I make off this will go towards my newest security investment, a Sig P232

Thank you very much rory, you are awesome.

The software had their own logo built into it but I figured it was easy enough to do. The customer asked who the software was from but he wasnt about to give that information out.

One thing i do with PC DVRs ... is turn off Remote Desktop totally, as well as a bunch of other stuff ..

I use VNC ... basically I turn off almost all the services, basically any XP services the DVR doesnt ever use. It makes things run much smoother.

I think i could post a list at some point ..

One thing i do with PC DVRs ... is turn off Remote Desktop totally, as well as a bunch of other stuff ..

I use VNC ... basically I turn off almost all the services, basically any XP services the DVR doesnt ever use. It makes things run much smoother.

I think i could post a list at some point ..

I would be very interested as I have this Digiflower software and have found the same mild pain in the but problems with the software/computer. thanks in advance..

Right here bud:

-uninstall any programs not required, clean up desktop and all other folders.

-bascically i do all updates then turn it off automatic updates.

-take off all start up programs.

-close out all unneeded services and disable them.

-control panel, system, performace, set to best.

-theme to windows classic.

-screen saver off.

-effects turned off in appearence.

-tweakui all effects turned off, active desktop disabled, mouse speed to fast.

-power - monitor off in 20 minutes or whatever, hdd always on, hiber & standby off.

-windows components - leave on windows media player, accessories

-after all windows updates uninstall MSN messenger, disable in program access, and uninstall again using sysoc.inf in the windows INF folder .. delete HIDE, then uninstall again in windows components.

-turn off access to all windows programs except windows media player.

-turn off all services not needed in msconfig and services, restart then go in admin and services and turn off others.

-and i dont install antivirus or spybot S&D or any other software besides the DVR server, on the DVR PC.

-also the more services you can turn off the faster it will run, especially if they are set to automatic and running.

-Use TCP filtering if you want even more security.

Download Screen Shots here ..

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/uploads/xptweakDVR.zip

Dude, why not install an antivirus? if the PC is going to be online, at least the minimum protection is warranted.

no need unless you are going to browse the web, check email, or download software on it. If you turn off all the services and uninstall programs not required, there isnt much a virus will be able to do.