Sign in to follow this  
roblondon28

What do you think of this camera?

I'm planning on using this Camera, with an Apollo DVR does it look like a suitable setup ? Does the camera seem OK for the money?

[edit: store link removed]

IR Camera 40ES Sony Effio 700TVL 4-9mm

Features

Weatherproof IR Camera

SONY Colour CCD

IR LED: ¢5X42PCS ,IR LED working Distance:40M

External lens adjusting, DC12V

Lens: 4-9mm Manual Zoom Lens

Dimension : 200(W)x171(H)x83(D)mm

Specifications

Model 40ES-700

Image Sensor 1/3" SONY CCD

Horizontal Resolution 700TV Lines Low Illumination, Effio, ATR, OSD, NR

Pixels PAL:976 (H)× 494(V) NTSC :976 (H) ×582 (V)

Usable Illumination 0.001Lux/F2.0

TV System PAL

IR LED ¢5 X42 PCS

IR Series Distance 40 M

Lens 4-9mm Manual Zoom Lens

Sync System Internal

IR Status Under 10 Lux By CDS

Usable Illumination 0 Lux/F2.0 (LED ON)

IR Power On CDS Auto Control

S/N Ratio ≥65dB (AGC OFF)

Gamma Correction 0.45

Video Out Composite Signal (1.0Vp-p, 75Ω)

Scanning System PAL:625 Lines, 50 Field/Sec;NTSC:525 Lines, 60 Field/Sec

Electronic Shutter Time Auto:PAL 1/50-1/100,000Sec;NTSC 1/60-1/100,000Sec

Operation Temperature -10℃ ~ +50℃ RH95% Max

Storage Temperature -20℃ ~ +60℃ RH95% Max

White Balance Auto

Power Source DC12V 600mA

Dimension 200(W) x171(H) x83(D)mm

Weight 1300g

Thanks

the specs seem fine.

Only thing I question is the lens not being 2.8-11mm but then using the 4-9mm probably brought the price down a little, and no dual voltage but again in lower priced cameras it will normally just be 12VDC anyway. Also it doesnt seem to have an IR cut filter so colors may be off especially under sunlight, fine for low priority areas, or if one doesnt mind the freaky colors in the day outside.

Hi,

I could recommend you to use something like this:

HDSmartEye CCTV Camera, Effio-E 1/3 SONY 700TVL 2.8-12mm Lens 30m IR

I do not know how much you have to pay for your camera but this camera has a fair price and as "rory" said you will be much happier with 2.8-12mm Lens.

I used this cameras and they are amazing.

Or if you really want to use a bullet camera I could recommend you this:

Twilight VFC 650TVL 9-22mm Lens 50m IR

Cheers

125151510_hdsmarteye-cctv-camera-effio-e-1-3-sony-700tvl-2-8-12mm-lens-30m-irl_26822.jpg.594b935bbf95081827e8ec36c55eafc9.jpg

twilight.jpg.1de66e16b03f45bfcc7041a24eccb002.jpg

I'm bascially looking at buying 3 Outside camera's, I'd like the quality at night to be semi decent! Looking to spend £100 + VAT. What will the different lens give me? is the IR Cut Filter something that is likely to cause problems with picture clarity?

Am I better off with a lower TVL but with IR Filter Cut? What do you this of this:

Its onl £96

UTILISING A POWERFUL 700TVL RESOLUTION AND IR CUT FILTER FOR A CRISP NIGHT VISION.

The Bullet camera from ROBOX offers you all the professional feautures of cameras in the £170+ range at a UK unbeatable price. With high resolution 600TVLines, adjustable lens allowing you to adjust the angle of view and fitted with a high quality IR corrective lens designed to give you a crisp image day or night. Also enhanced by a robust cable concealed bracket and upto 30metre nightvision. Made from a quality metal alloy, this camera has been designed with all the latest in CCTV camera technology.

Unique features with the ROBOX Bullet seris.

600TVL resolution

Giving you an excellent image resolution and colour reproduction and ensuring the camera generates a clear image of your home/business protected areas.

Special Korean lens

Built with a korean lens for enhanced optics and to improve the focus quality of the camera. Specially imported lens which generally increases picture quality by 25-30%

Dual Ring Technology

This feature prevents IR bleed and IR bounceback to eliminate the common problem of a white halo effect and ensure you receive a clearer night picture. Although most cameras on the market can produce a good daytime picture, very few cameras on the market can match the quality of the ROBOX range.

External zoom and focus

Gives you the ability to easily adjust the angle of view. An excellent feature when you are mounting cameras at a higher level (e.g. eaves of your loft) and you are trying to monitor your cars. Equally for businesses when you are trying to zoom into an area from your main building.

IR corrective lens

Which eliminates focus shift to give you a focused night picture (you won't find this in a lot of cameras). Generally considered a professional feature.

Weatherproof protected

IP66 rated to ensure it is fit for the outdoors and won't allow moisture to enter (International accreditation). Many cameras on the market do not undergo this certification and will cause moisture to build up on the circuit board and destroy the cameras functioning board.

High intensity LEDs

36Pieces of high intensity LEDs Giving you an excellent night image of up to 30metres

Sony CCD

For optimum picture quality and colour reproduction. Utilising Sony's latest CCD image sensors with improved image quality for the best image quality.

Robust Metal design

Constructed from a quality metal for high risk environments and cable managed housing for maximum security

• Sony CCD with high spec Effio DSP

• High resolution 650TVL AND 700tvl & NIGHT

• Built-in 36 pieces IR-LED

• Effective range up to 30metres nightvision

• Vari-focal lens 2.8-11MM

• External zoom and focus

• High quality IR corrective lens- sharper night image

• Standard 1 years warranty