KPC

how to set home / parked position on GE Cyberdome PTZ

I am able to set preset locations, I am able to recall these positions.

I'm able to set left & right limits then have the camera do a never ending back and forth scan between the left & right limits.

However, if I use the keyboard joystick, point the camera at a certain spot, let it sit for 2-3 minutes, the camera will automatically move to a home / parked position. Unforunately, the home / parked position is aiming down at the ground where it does no good.

I read the manual for the GE Cyberdome, and I can't find anything that mentions about a home / parked position.

I want to do away with the parked position. Wherever I last set the camera position, I just want it to stay there.

The "home" position for the Cyberdome is set in the cameras itself not in the software controlling it. Having said that you need a KTD-405 controller keypad to talk directly to the camera. On this controller you would need to get into the camera using 951 for a code then running through the setup of the camera. (you would also need to know what your cameras address is - set on side in binary code) You would need to set a Preset of 00 for home position then auto home after however many minutes you want to wait for it. Runs from 0 to 59.