Sign in to follow this  
HiddenMountain

We're getting there

Dang, this has been a long haul....

174160_1.jpg

This was taken last night. The pic in the #1 position is from the remote cam that is mounted on a big ol fir tree, about 120ft from the house. That's my wife waving in the bottom middle frame.

174160_2.jpg

This was taken this morning. This screenshot is with the PTZ in the #1 position. After some, ahem, technical difficulties, it now works flawlessly.

I want to thank Sean from Nelly's, again, for replacing this cam, twice, at his expense. And Matt, aka Soundy, for coming up last fall and helping with getting our 2 ISP's hooked up to our network. Not to mention this forum for the wealth of knowledge to be found here.

Now for the fun part, getting it all to work remotely through my cell phone...

Thanks Sean.

I'm sucking up my bandwidth allowance by loading the video right now..... stupid Hughesnet...and stupid bandwidth caps!

And actually, it's warmed up considerably, it's a balmy 36F right now!

the snow looks fun

would be welcomed here after the long long long summer we had !

It only just started to get "cold" here, in the 70s at night and 80s in the day.

the snow looks fun

would be welcomed here after the long long long summer we had !

It only just started to get "cold" here, in the 70s at night and 80s in the day.

I will gladly trade you! We had our frazzle ice experience last night, the water intake for the turbine froze over so we had to switch to the genset... Nothing like a walk through the forest in the snow to chip away at ice, at 7am! I got it going but we're supposed to get the same conditions again tonight, clear sky and -8c, that causes it...

Not a bad little system, good job. I would think snow would keep most trouble away.

Thanks fa chris. It has been quite the learning curve. I'm not quite ready for the big league yet so you all don't have to worry about competition from here!

Now, if my ISP guy would just open port 37777 for me....