nadiss

VGA for geovision reccomendation

I must install 12 PTZ cam to GV-1000 and I need reccomendation for best VGA card. What is better for use ATI or NVIDIA 128 RAM or 256 RAM on VGA.

Thanks

For gv-1000 minimum is Nvidia gforce11 MX20064mb, i have this card with gv-1000 and it works fine.

Any AGP type video cards that support DirectX 9.0 or above. De-interlace function support is a preferred option. If you plan to use Real time Display (DSP) card that outputs up to 480fps onto NTSC/PAL TV, you need to use the following types (or newer models) of video card, such as: Geforce 2 or above AGP cards

ATI Radeon 7000, 7500, 9000, 9500 AGP cards

would the pci-express video card wont work on geo... lot of talk about AGP that is y i asked

Never tried PC Express cards, got outa Geo before they launched... as for good vid cards, from experience radeon's (with a bloody fan) are good without DSP and Geforce with DSP, get the latest and dont skimp, both have scaling renderer support and de-interlace as well as hardware overlay support.

I do beleive (but have no proof) that vid card chips are a bit like CCD's Sony only release lower pixel count ones to competition and I firmly believe Radeon to do the same, so buy name brand and you should do good!

PCI-Express cards will work fine. We have used the ATI versions without any problems at all, if anything the video quality is slightly improved.

scottj

Must be supporting electronics then Thomas, name brands always overclocked better back in my day and i always got better scores of REAL radeons and not clones with same chip.

The main factor that they handled the overclock better was my driving reason but that may just be better tolerances of supporting electronics, mind you all CPU's are made to be faster than what they are, they simply wind them up unitl they begin to become unstable then wind them back down to the best stable position and a bit lower, then they can determine if it is say a 2.2 or 2.4 chip dpending on how lucky they got with the testing.

I assumed the same of Radeon chips, I mean why would you want competition to have same quality..

Brings back fond memories of me getting the techies to bench all the CPU's we had in stock by overclocking till I found ne that really wound up high then I would buy that one and take it home LOL