Sign in to follow this  
helen 72

CCTV OVER BOUNDARY ADVICE NEEDED

CCTV OVER BOUNDARY

Hello

Recently we have observed our neighbour sweeping windfall leaves into our back garden along with his own garden waste taking rubbish out of his bin and sweeping it over our boundary. They also cut the edge well over the boundary line, which over the years we have asked them not to do so and the last 3 years asked them in writing. The neighbour replies he cannot help it if their hedge cutters slips, and if we don’t like it take them to court.

We have never seen eye-to-eye with these neighbours as we refuse to have our lives controlled by bullies over the years we have encountered verbal abuse harassment and much more, which the police have advised us to take a private prosecution. Also over the past 12 weeks we have had a total of £ 950.00 damage to our car which is parked on the road, we haven’t a clue who’s behind it we no the police cannot be everywhere.

We have CCTV fitted, but no camera records-films past our boundary or on to the street.

Could anyone please advise? We would come under English UK law.

1) Can we record with our CCTV on to the public highway to film our car. As this rain of vandalism could last another year. We did ask the police but as normal less than helpful said we should ask a solicitor.

2) Do I have the right to record our neighbours with CCTV them putting their rubbish over the boundary. I.e. recording over the boundary.

3) I know we don’t fall under data protection as this is a normal house

We have suffered from these neighbours for so many years now. Please if anyone as got some good advise we would be very grateful.

Thanks

Helen 72

CCTV OVER BOUNDARY

Hello

Recently we have observed our neighbour sweeping windfall leaves into our back garden along with his own garden waste taking rubbish out of his bin and sweeping it over our boundary. They also cut the edge well over the boundary line, which over the years we have asked them not to do so and the last 3 years asked them in writing. The neighbour replies he cannot help it if their hedge cutters slips, and if we don’t like it take them to court.

We have never seen eye-to-eye with these neighbours as we refuse to have our lives controlled by bullies over the years we have encountered verbal abuse harassment and much more, which the police have advised us to take a private prosecution. Also over the past 12 weeks we have had a total of £ 950.00 damage to our car which is parked on the road, we haven’t a clue who’s behind it we no the police cannot be everywhere.

We have CCTV fitted, but no camera records-films past our boundary or on to the street.

1) Can we record with our CCTV on to the public highway to film our car. As this rain of vandalism could last another year. We did ask the police but as normal less than helpful said we should ask a solicitor.

2) Do I have the right to record our neighbours with CCTV them putting their rubbish over the boundary. I.e. recording over the boundary.

We have suffered from these neighbours for so many years now. Please if anyone as got some good advise we would be very grateful.

Thanks

Helen 72

just do, who cares what they think, plus when you catch these d'bags doing such things to your property, you will have evidence to bring charges against them, or use in court against them....

Wow being in America I have to admit that it kinda that in this specific case the privacy laws there seem to be a lil problematic. Where I live I can record whatever I want really. I have informed my neighbors that certain parts of their homes are in my recording area and that I can either black it out from being recorded or leave it in case a crime is committed on their property. None of them asked me to black it out at all but you better believe they all keep their blinds closed now LOL.

In your specific case I would do as the previous person says and record it anyways. If anyone asks tell them that your camera system does NOT record anything illegal. If they press further about what does it or does it not record let them know that you are not willing to discuss wether or not you have holes in your security and that it is a private matter.

Now as far as using the video in court or as evidence etc. If there is in fact a law that says you can not record onto the street or over your property line than I highly doubt you would EVER be able to use such recording. HOWEVER if you can see your neighbor vandalizing your car in the video than I would simply say "I saw my neighbor John Doe key my car" If he was on the non visible side and it was during summer I would explain "I saw my neighbor John Doe walk past my car with a large screw driver in his hand and as he passed by the vehicle I clearly heard a scratching noise"

Don't ever bring up that this was witnessed through your camera.

Also if someone says your camera is pointed at the street or at there house again explain to them that you are not wiling to discuss the technical limitations of your security system as this would put your family at risk. Explain to them that it is possible to purchase both fake and real cameras and that real cameras can have sensitive areas blocked out so that they are not recording or viewing those areas. Now again I am not willing to discuss my system in particular however as you can tell by what I just told you any infinite amount of possibilities could exist. Including the use of extremely high end hidden camera (with a smile).

Best of luck to you and although this may or may not be illegal sound is key to know what is going on. I rebroadcast outdoor sounds in my bedroom so that I can hear someone walking or whispering this sound could be recorded or it could not LOL. If you had a mic pointed at your car and your problem areas you might just hear your jackass neighbor talking about you or ranting.

EDIT*** who knows you could catch your neighbor committing a major crime of passion LOL and although the video evidence may not be admissible in court it could probably be enough to point police in the right direction. Not that that would ever happen but you never know!

Id wait for them to throw their yard "waste" in on my property then id grab it and throw it right back in their stink face

Seriously though, get some old bullet cameras, big old ugly things that stand out, dead ones even, and just mount them all over the place. They would act as dummy cameras.

then get a few real cameras and make them less obvious.

Catch the SOBs dumping their "waste" in your yard.

Also you could buy a body camera from Amazon that has audio, and catch them in the act and get them to fess up to it, and now it is recorded.

I dunno, I would just find something within the law that would make their living next to you miserable and when they complain tell them it might stop when they stop their crap. Play some loud gangsta music within legal level until the legal time (eg 12am) or just sit out in front their house revving up your 5.0 engine or Ninja motorbike

Obviously the laws differ there though.

Boundary disputes can escalate out of all proportion, I've seen many of them.

Usually it escalates because both parties become more and more sensitive

about the issue as it becomes more of a fixture of their lives.

Naturally, both parties think they are right and are convinced that no compromise

is needed as they are in the right.

I would suggest you talk to your local council offices and ask if there is a neighbourhood

dispute mediation service in your area. They will ask your neighbour to attend a meeting

where everyone's views can be aired, which may assist both parties to understand the other's

views and sensibilities. It's not guaranteed to work, but it can help. In any case, it is a record of both

parties saying whats what. If your neighbour refuses to do anything because they say it's not them

and they can't help their actions that will be on record. If you then catch them deliberately doing what

they said they are not doing and show such evidence in court, you've shown them to be liars and you

gain the upper hand in court should it come to that.

Install some cameras to catch them passing stuff from their property to yours. You have a justification.

Do nothing with it except save it ready for the day in court when you can use it against them.

Never reveal to anyone what you have recorded until you have to.

Above all, don't let this ruin or rule your life. Good Luck.

CCTV OVER BOUNDARY

Hello

Thanks

Helen 72

Hello Hellen,

It is really soap show, but I think points how to solve you pain.

As for you concerned, I agree on all points from the guys, why not. All actions is base on protect your property and away from fear, I think even on court you would be fine.

You could get some camera (better is IR bullet or IR Dome for outdoor use), one DVR and one modulator( which allow you monitoring via cable TV channel).

I think you cloud get all stuff in some where.