dvarapala

What Would You Say to This Guy?

id say he sounds like he has alot of money throwing ipods around like candy and driving super expensive vehicles so .. im sure he has good insurance and therefor i am inclined to say who cares. Besides based on that thread there is no way to know what kind of system he has, he said he zoomed in for that picture, so could be anything, for all we know his truck could be a mile away. Believe it or not there are people in this world that dont want to install the system themselves, therefore the installer is contracted to source and sell the equipment to them and install it - hence larger than normal cost.

However that said the 8-channel part is a LITTLE disturbing

I was just pointing out public perception of the CCTV industry.

We (all of us are guilty I'm sure, customer has the ultimate say in what we install) put in a lot of cameras meant to protect assets with outdated technology. Look how far digital cameras have come in the past 10 years, and up until a few years ago we were all pushing analog cctv systems touting 4cif, while the first gen of IP cameras where working out their own set of problems.

Now we have decent megapixel options, HD cameras, etc. so when John Q public see's a heavily pixelated black&white cif image from a convenience store robbery showing no details and they're wondering why CCTV systems suck when their iPhones simply obliterate the quality.

Sure we can say there's a pricepoint a customer has to choose, but at 11k... dude's going after some kid who stole his ipod instead of the guy who really robbed him.

I agree 11K is a little excessive for 8 cameras.

I recently specked out a 47 camera job and labour and parts are no more than $14K.

But in this case we dont know when he got this installed, a few years ago DVRs alone were in the $4-6K range retail, some still are.

Dude had his truck broken into on Sunday. Despite an $11K CCTV system, no facial recognition, no license plates, perhaps nothing usable at all:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-topic/2969075-this-bastard-broke-into-my-truck-early-sunday.html

I wish I'd met your friend first!

If he were in the UK I would tell him Should have gone to Specsavers!

i always use the specsavers line... they should pay me for advertising!

i especially like this from the other forum, made me laugh out loud!

174482_1.jpg

i especially like this from the other forum, made me laugh out loud!

174484_1.jpg

Man that was awesome! " title="Applause" />

I'd say he's an absolute idiot.

You don't park nice car like that outside if you have the money to buy them. Put them in the garage (all the time). Don't keep valuables in them. Get an alarm system.

The cameras are shyte. He got ripped off by $10,500.

If I had money and stuff like that, with my paranoia it would be WAY harder to jack. I would have sold the stupid MKS and bought some nice megapixels!!!

Sorry, people stealing things makes me REALLY mad.

The camera is tight enough but obviously needs to be looking a little higher.

However the resolution of the DVR or NVR is crap and will never give a good image.