brianparkes

Using a Pelco Spectra II with Ultrak Maxpro controller

Wow, I just had a power outage and it killed 3 of my KD6 cameras. I have plenty of Pelco Spectra II PTZ's, but I cannot get my Ultrak system to control them.

I have tried multiple DIP switch settings on the Pelco PTZ and I am currently set on "P" Protocol. With this setting, anytime I try to use the controller the image will darken as if it is communicating and is causing a power drain. I have the RX+ and RX- on the Pelco attached to the corresponding ports on the Ultrak system (B and A respectively since B is usually "positive".

Has anyone else tried to hook up this combination of PTZ and Controller system before and do you have any suggestions?

Brian Parkes

Excellent. I have sent that company an email to double check if that model will work, or if they have one specifically for the two brands I am trying to use together. Thanks for the tip.

Brian Parkes

I've talked to that company, and they mentioned that it would be worth trying a few more things before spending $250 on their product.

I've set the DIP switches on the Pelco PTZ and the Ultrak Matrix to Pelco P protocol. The Rx+ and Rx- are connected to the Tx+ and Tx- respectively. I am using CAT-5 cable to send the signals between them. The camera address number matches the specific P protocol setting (#31).

There is some sort of signal going to the PTZ, but all it does is uncontrollably zoom in. No pan/tilt, nor can I zoom back out.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try out before giving up and purchasing the device? I've tried multiple PTZ's and none work, so it shouldn't be a bad PTZ, and the matrix controls the KD-6 PTZ's just fine on their own DIP switch settings.

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.