SEANHAWG

Battlefield 3 VS. Modern Warfare 3

I have had Modern Warfare 3 for about a month. But my wife just got me Battlefield 3 for Christmas..................................

Yeah thats right, I still play video games being a grown adult, deal with it

Anyways this is on the Xbox 360 console. BF3 doesnt match up to the fun level that the Call of Duty games offer. It seems that BF3 does have more realistic features but it just aint as fun. The worst thing ever is how they touted the BF3 graphics to be super amazing and all this, but whenever you start playing the game, you notice right off that BF3 does not have that silky smooth gameplay that MW3 has. Come to find out, they made BF3 to be 30 FPS while MW3 is 60 FPS. I noticed this right off the bat and was very dissapointed and I confirmed this by looking online just to make sure. Apparently, the PC version does do 60 FPS but the Xbox and PS3 versions do not. Cmon, BF3, if you are gonna do something, go all out for gosh sakes.

I just got MW3 from my boss for Christmas.

I've been so busy I just havnt had time to play though... I was a huge fan of the MW1. I spent many a night talking smack and whooping up on some people online.

I usually end up playing it every night after i get my stuff done. That is usually time to spend with my wife but since I got her that Kindle Fire I dont have to pay attention to her as much during that time

This strategy will not last long.

I've been an avid PC gamer for about 20 years now, and I have no idea how anyone can play an FPS game on a console.

I have both mw3 and bf3 for the PC, and I can honestly say I regret purchasing mw3. It is nothing more than mw2 with different maps. Same engine. Same graphics. Same game play. Boring. BF3 on the other hand... I play the FUCK out of that game. Love it.

i got mw3 on the xbox (lvl 13 prestige atm)

i got bf3 on the PC (3rd general)

So i put some time into both.

Unfortunately the MW series has been on the same engine for what seems like an eternity, and it also has passed hands a lot. Any problem that was a core problem in CoD4 is still a core problem today. It does move smoothly but there is an issue with character animations that i find HIGHLY annoying. I'll see somebody that appears to be looking 90 degrees from my direction only to have bullets come out of their elbow, and even though it looks like that gun is in their hands it's really a turret mounted to the top of their head, so long as the tip of your head is above cover your can fire your gun over it. It makes for several places where people will simply camp because the risk of getting shot is low. With all the problems of the game they do offer a lot of fluff in the way of progression and unlocks which is their strongest point as i see. That fluff is such an important thing that they have esentially made the same game 6 times with just changing a few basic things: gun skins, maps, unlocks.

BF3 has its issues as well but at least they had the brass to create a new engine which makes it a completely different game from the previous games. I play it on pc where it is up to 32 on 32 and the scale of the maps is simply awesome. Also it takes physics into account where bullets have travel time/drop.

If i get 1 shot across the map on MW3 i assume its some 7 year old with a sniper rifle sniping towards an objective other than capturing said objective.

If i get 1 shot across the map on bf3 i assume its some guy with a notepad on his desk calculating bullet drop over the distance vs. the velocity of his bullet load dependent on which gun he is using.

Either way they are both campers, but i don't hate the bf3 one nearly as much because he won't be a threat consistently or a tank will eventually get him. Whereas the mw camper will annoy me because on my way to flank him another camper in a different corner will kill me on my way there lol.

I like bf3 more due to the scale of the fights and the random epic things that happen (look at the video posted below)

But i find myself playing mw3 more out of the 2 since most of my friends can be found there.